April News - Cool Blog Update Coming Soon?

JerryG20

April News

It has been a busy month (only going to get busier) but the good news is that the first Developer Pandora kits should be shipping this week to pre-selected devs. Open ordering for these kits will likely be in May.

We are also hoping to make a pretty cool update to the blog very soon.

Just to give people a heads up...!

Thanks. I don't bother checking the blog anymore because it always ends up getting posted here anyways.

Wow, dev kits going out. That's awesome.

The pace of news should start stepping up soon now. It's always fun when a new platform starts up, so here we go.

GunPei2X said:
That's pretty fantastic news. So this is the "first 10", followed by the "first 100" in May?
Yep, followed by the "next 3000". Then, god willing, we'll finally get to see the "final five".

Last edited by a moderator:
Please, I need clarification.

The developer kits that will be available for preorder - these will have the board and essential compnents first, then we will get the case?

Because I want it soon, and I don't care if I have to assemble it myself as long as I have a fully-functional portable Pandora when all is said and done.

unless your going to be making interesting software you really shouldn't be thinking about the first 100, hopefully they will go to people in the community who have released great gp2x software and some random independent devs. I don't think there will be a shortage of developers who want the first 100.

I think atomicthumbs would be a great canidate for the first 100. He is likely to spend hundreds of hours tinkering with it and giving feedback. It would be good if the first 100 are mostly dev, but you still need some hard-core users.

icurafu said:
I think atomicthumbs would be a great canidate for the first 100. He is likely to spend hundreds of hours tinking with it and giving feedback.
Would it be comprehensible though?

JakeK said:
Is there an RSS feed or something that I could get for the Pandora. I could chuck it on my Google home page then.
There is one for gp32x.de. Major panda news should theoretically be announced on it...

Are we calling the Pandora "Panda" now? I hope not, Panda has been used as a nickname for so many devices I know.

sehs33 said:
Are we calling the Pandora "Panda" now? I hope not, Panda has been used as a nickname for so many devices I know.
No. Please No. :angry:

quartercast said:
JakeK said:
Is there an RSS feed or something that I could get for the Pandora. I could chuck it on my Google home page then.
There is one for gp32x.de. Major panda news should theoretically be announced on it...

I have the gp32x one on it already. It'd be great if there was a Pandora RSS feed.

To be honest, i don't think general users with no coding knowledge should get their hands on an early kit, unless they have insanely high standards with the knowhow and patience needed to test and report back, al la DaveC.

x68000 said:
To be honest, i don't think general users with no coding knowledge should get their hands on an early kit, unless they have insanely high standards with the knowhow and patience needed to test and report back, al la DaveC.
In general I agree with you , however a few obsessive power users would be good, since devs will (I guess) work on porting and trying new stuff while a good bug hunter could minimize their work not having to spend hours just doing random things to find bugs, debugging goes much faster that way.

I wonder if the devs will have full right to post about their efforts once they get their boards (which I think would be very interesting!) or if there still is any NDAs in effect?

Yeah hearing from the devs what they have been able to do and see previews etc would be really great :)

a bit OT but not fully, if anyone hasn't registered at PowerVR insider it would be great if you did, because according to Marque Pierre Søndergaard 3rd Party Relations at imgtec they have gotten more and more people related to the Pandora registering and he would imagine as he put it that they will produce some development tools for Pandora when it's released.
The more people that register due to Pandora the more time and effort they will put in I would imagine since they really can benefit from having a large, active open source community pushing their product to the limits of what it can do.

JakeK said:
quartercast said:
JakeK said:

I have the gp32x one on it already. It'd be great if there was a Pandora RSS feed.

Theres is a Pandora RSS feed on my site, the link is http://www.emuboards.com/invision/index.ph...ssout&id=13. There isn't a great deal of news at the moment, just blog updates but I think in the next few weeks more news should start coming.

Back