Arch users willing to test something?

WizardStan

Mega GP Mania
I did a system update on Friday and ever since I can't get Repetier Host to work, it crashes in RepetierHost.view.utils.RegMemory.StringToWindowPos with "System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range" error.

I'm still using the same version of Repetier Host with the same build of mono (although I've tried many combinations of new and old mono and repetier hosts and they all give the exact same error) so I don't know what the problem is.

I'm just trying to get confirmation if it is a general problem or just me.  If someone running Arch Linux wouldn't mind downloading v1.0.6 and just seeing if it'll start I'd appreciate it.

Also check to see if /usr/local/lib/libgdiplus.so exists and if there's a dllmap entry for it in /usr/local/etc/mono/config: the first problem I had upon updating was that it didn't seem to know where libgdiplus.so was and I've no idea why, though it could be related.

Thanks!

i upgraded my System before using.

The RepetierHost.exe starts.

RepetierHost.vshost.exe says an error occured.

The library is not there. My /usr/local/lib/ folder is empty as well as my /usr/local/etc/ folder.

Stuff is in /usr/lib and .

The requested file is not there (also not in lib32 or lib64 folder).

Don't know where the mono config is. it's not in /etc/ and /usr/etc does not exist.

I have to admit, I'm not an expert, so don't assume my system is set up properly and everything is where it should be.

I followed the installation manual and things do work for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for trying. When you say it started and then you got an error, did it show anything or did it go straight to the same IndexOutOfRangeException that I got?

Strange that you don't have a /usr/local/etc/mono folder. How did I get that? Unless it came with the build I compiled from source. It may be time to just purge and start over.

edit: which is why I'm trying to find if anyone else is having the same problem, actually, so I can know for sure whether a purge will be useful or not.

Ah, yeah, you said it works, which I assume means you get the window like you should. Yeah, I don't even get a window, it's just error.

I managed to find and purge a lot of mono related files (including libraries) which were not owned by any package, nor were they from the source build I'd done. These files have been on my system since April 2014. I've no idea where they came from nor what changed in the most recent update that suddenly triggered the problem but after purging them and reinstalling mono from repo everything is fine again.

So it works now?

Glad to hear :) .

EDIT:

I don't know why that folders are empty for me.

All I can remember that the /bin and /sbin directories did movoe to /usr/bin and /usr/sbin quite a while ago.

https://www.archlinux.org/news/binaries-move-to-usrbin-requiring-update-intervention/

Else I had no issues with updates.

BTW: an other question.

Not too long ago (some months) an update did cause an other problem for me.

CTRL + A works as select all on Pandora and did so on my computer.

After that update CTRL + A doesn't do that any more.

Observed the same issue with the Computer in the Open Pandora office (also Arch).

It's annoying. Could you start for example start DearBeef and press CTRL + A?

Pandora and before update: Select all Songs of playlist.

My Computer: Some small visual reaction but that's it.

Not that important, I'm just curious.

Just tried ctrl-A on Pandora and desktop, deadbeef, firefox, and Open/Libre Office, and all do a "select all" just as it's always been.

You're not using GNU screen as part of your login are you? Cos iirc that will eat Ctrl-A as its command start key (unless I configured it to use that when I last used it, I forget). I've no idea what happens when you start X under screen though - I've only ever used it on headless boxes.

Back