Are You Going To "show Off" Your Pandora?

mazza558

When you get your Pandora, do you think you'll "show it off" or show anyone?

If you will do, how will you go about doing it?

I'm going to go for a subtle "let the device speak for itself" approach. By that, I mean quietly start using it on public transport and see if anyone asks about it. I'm going to be actually using it quite regularly when traveling (media player mainly), so that might draw attention. Of course, playing Quake 3 would be something more eye-catching. :p - I suspect most people will just think it's a DS until they see the screen/controls. Even then, those who aren't versed in technology at all might still think it's a DS.

Overall, I'll aim not to look like I'm obviously showing it off, and also try not to look too smug whilst holding such a powerful machine. I don't want to become a tech-snob (like some hardcore apple fans).

i'm gonna mount in on top of a staff, crown myself king of gadgets, and walk through the streets with a big cape, and a t-shirt declaring my new title

I'm going to show it off, but it won't be intended as such. I'm told that when I get excited about neat stuff I can do with gadgets and stuff I have a tendency to go "OMG LOOK AT THIS ITS SO COOL 8D" and that frequently people (who don't know me that well) misinterpret that enthusiasm as showing off.

So um, half/half yes/no, I guess? :blink:

Racemaniac said:
i'm gonna mount in on top of a staff, crown myself king of gadgets, and walk through the streets with a big cape, and a t-shirt declaring my new title
(I hate to be a noob, but..)

^^ this!

jeff

The real question.. haven't you already been showing it off? (I mean the pic of craigs girlfriend or whoever holding it, anyway :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to wear special pants that mount the Pandora to my groin and play an appropriate Queen song and then
Flash! it at people in time with the music...

or not :p

I'll just use it for whatever and if someone sees it and asks what it is... I'll tell them. But I'll not show it off for the sake of showing it off.

Flash! ahaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Look at my :pandora1:!

My first post woo!
Hi fellow Pandoras or is it pandorians lol or not :S. i'll try and be as discrete as possible, play some music, "just listening to my mp3 player la la la", then play a game somthin like final fantasy coz my friends are fans, they'll be like :eek: :eek: no way, and N64 games would be great :eek: :eek:

When I do get it, I would probably use it as normal. Most people wouldn't know that it is anyway.

I'm not, they might come to pandora general and see the huge influx of STUPID that just happened in the last 10 hours

Lots of my friends want to see this thing in action, but after that, I will work on the graphics front of this thing again and code some real shit and I will be annoying as hell because I m going crazy about the smallest things and they are forced to say: "Hey thats cool Fox" *awkward + confused smile*.

I'm just an attention whore, the nerd way =)

Wolfsclaw said:
Hell no I'm not going to show off (except for some close male friends)... I still want the girls to like me! :p
pfah! i ridded those silly 'girls' the first time i booted up my gp2x outside of class and started playing custers revenge!

Meh, if people are interested when I use it, does that count as showing off?
Honestly, it will be no different from my N810. People go 'ooh aah'. They buy it and complain and then we got a nice little market of barely used cheap Pandora due to subsidy by less capable induviduals.

Thing is, i read alot , play alot of video games , listen to alot of music , being creative .
If im not doing one of those things im probably sleeping or dead.

And the other thing is... i'll do all that stuff on my pandora now , no more need for books , consoles , mp3 players , other usefull softwares...
if someone doesnt see my pandora, I am probably hiding.

So i will ask you this question: Is a Vault-tec vault dweller showing off his pipboy?
Or is it only a survival behavior?

JayFoxRox said:
Lots of my friends want to see this thing in action, but after that, I will work on the graphics front of this thing again and code some real shit and I will be annoying as hell because I m going crazy about the smallest things and they are forced to say: "Hey thats cool Fox" *awkward + confused smile*.
LOL -- that's exactly the same response that I got when I was cackling with glee over the Ultima 4 port, with some friends who don't 'get it'.

Capa.jpe

Back