Art, Paint, Stickers, And Spare Blank Parts.

droneb

i was just thinking of (after reading only the first pages of the special ed. pandora)

what if they sell not only blank spare cases, but also blank keymats ? i really want to pimp up my panda by hand, but the keymat would be hard to mod after they get painted.

also, i believe it would be a good idea, to release a template /stencil, for creating panda skins and stickers, specially for the key plate and the screen side of the case.

now, about the warranty, i would like to hear from the OPT, about warranty of the internals (electronics and screen) after such a mod.

EDIT.

i would need unpainted keymats to change colors, and mostly because i want to map ñÑ, it is a big headache not having this key in spanish.

The problem I can see with the keymats is that they are labeled, and then a clearcoat is applied. If they skip the labels, the clearcoat is still applied, so you can't really repaint them in the same way.

WizardStan said:
The problem I can see with the keymats is that they are labeled, and then a clearcoat is applied. If they skip the labels, the clearcoat is still applied, so you can't really repaint them in the same way.
i need one that doesnt even have the resin above. a completely blank one, because for color, i will be painting with aerograph.
and for letters i'll be using letters stancil.

after that, the only complicated thing is to make the blob as clear as possible, and that it doesnt get too big so it cant be inserted thru the keyplate.

EDIT: i will have to paint with aerograph, because other methods might get the paint too thick and get the key stuck pressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love a custom-made rubber keyboard with a rainbow vinyl sticker :lol:

That doesn't seem likely, the case was designed with that epoxy coat and it adds height to the keys. Your best bet is to get one with all keys black, no printing, epoxied, then laser etch your new layout.

i really cant believe people keep responding without reading completely.

i SAID "after that, the only complicated thing is to make the blob as clear as possible"

Back