Asr Translation

Lethe

Thew away PSP for a DS! WOOT
Website
Visit site
As some of you may have read, i decided to translate asr into english. after i got a data file of it from wildcat (thankyou :) ) ive tried messing with it with hex editors and looked at countless tutorials. i found tools that translate japanese into english but i couldnt find tools that translate korean to english (because there are little or no koreans roms on the net). even if i open hex editor, there isnt a single korean character on the screen (mostly alphabets and giberish). if anyone know anything about rom hacking, plz help and asist.

Wow, great. I hope things go well for your translation :). I too have 2 programs, although for the PC that I want to translate. I am still trying to get used to hex editing :blink: . Sometimes it helps if you change the system language of windows, you can do that in "Conrtol Panel / Regional and Language Options". In your case try changing it to Korean, it might let you see the korean text characters in your hex editor, and it wont look like "(mostly alphabets and giberish)" as you said.

Not sure I understand precisly, are you looking for something to convert the data into a text file that you can translate or are ou looking for tools to translate the korean language itself?

If it's the latter Altavista's bablefish translator did korean last I looked. If it's the former I guess I'd need to know more about the file you;re trying to alter. (still probably would be over my head even then though, but maybe the info would help someone else).

im korean so i dont need help translating. i need like a table file for korean like the japanese ones. since there are alot of japanese roms, ppl created these programs. ill try what joeybob said

Teach me how to read korean :), lol. I've been wanting to learn how to read korean for while, but I just haven't started yet. Anyways, let me know if changing the system language helped at all. If you need help, you can ask me and I will help you best as I can. Don't know how much help I am though :p

my brother's computer can read and write korean but it only shows alphabets to him too... my computer can also read korean but i cant write it. what i proabably need is a table file for korean text

Why don't you team up with somebody who knows how to Hex edit etc. They can get the text out and you can translate it.

i also guess it's written in unicode
unicode has more bit than normal ansi/ascii has
ascii has 00 (0) to ff (256) in hex
unicode has 0000 (0) to ffff (256*256) in hex iirc
so the hex-program would try to display the 2 corresponding character for the first 8 bits (ff) and the last 8 bits (ff) which looks like garbage then
would rock as black gp32
uhm, i guess you have as much characters as in japanese (over 5000 kanji.. ~2*30 kana)
i guess i'm just too lazy to google :p

Edit: http://langintro.com/kintro/toc.htm

Edit2: wrong url, fixed

the korean language is like the alphabets. we have vowels and such except our vowels and .. that other thing (ie: d,f,g,h etc) our almost equal in number. only bout 30 characters or less or a bit more

hiya lethe

ignore my previous PM, glad you got the .dat file working. As for the rest, I don't know anything about rom hacking to help any more :(

Why don't you team up with somebody who knows how to Hex edit etc. They can get the text out and you can translate it.

that might be a good idea but are there anyone on this board that is experienced with rom hacking?

all you need to edit is the dat file. the only other thing on the smc of the game is a gxe file that just runs the game.

if u are really planning to translate it or if you are in the process, then open up ur paypal account for donations = )

Back