Assembly Team: Work Slower, Please :)

cosurgi

http://janek.kozicki.pl/
Website
janek.kozicki.pl
Please don't haste through this assembly like crazy. Take your time. Be slow, careful and relaxed, and everything will go fine. You've been waiting for this moment two years. Don't spoil it now through haste. Be careful.

I don't find this topic very funny. OPT are professional and all their actions to date have had quality over speed.
I find it rather patronising that you insult their integrity.

Lock this topic and spank Cosurgi (unless you like that sort of thing in which case deliberately don't spank him).

may88 said:
I don't find this topic very funny. OPT are professional and all their actions to date have had quality over speed.
I find it rather patronising that you insult their integrity.

Lock this topic and spank Cosurgi (unless you like that sort of thing in which case deliberately don't spank him).

I don't think it's especially bad to encourage their good points. He's essentially saying that they should not feel any pressure from us to kick things out the door.

Lots of people have posted messages to the team, and cosurgi's is more agreeable than many of them have been.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mithrildor said:
There is 1 faulty unit already
how do you know? i believe everyone are interested about it.

cosurgi said:
But polls are disabled for now.
YAY!

, to gauge amount of agreement.
Well, mine has already shipped, so I agree that they should take their time and get things right.

I think they should slow down to about 1 per day.

Of course, thats because my pandora is already here :p

I'm hoping to see VRAndy unboxing pictures taken with a flatbed scanner

Well I think the amount they have turned out already tells the whole story. If they where rushing, I would have my email confirmation by now.

They are doing fine so far. Getting a system worked out, and a steady assembly line. Everything seems fine so far. Now they don't have time to test every unit for an extended period, so if there is any problems after delivery consult customer service. ;)

Chris

Well, the first ones didn't have the long first boot finished - combine that we batteries that are not fully charged and it might screw something up (if the battery dies while the unit configures itself).

We're now doing the first boot on every unit and will also test WiFi.
We're learning :)

Sugar_Kane said:
I'm hoping to see VRAndy unboxing pictures taken with a flatbed scanner

You've inspired me. When I get my Pandora, I will take some pictures like that. XD

-God Ginrai

Someone did a board level hardware modification to the wifi, and it was a learning experience that you should test it afterwards? I recall asking X68000 last week if there was a post mod test being done for the wifi.

I mean, that seems a no brainer to me, not something that needed to be learned.

Back