Asus Eee Pc... (i'm Shocked!) Handheld-sized

Don Miguel

Certified Guru
Website
famesoft.ru
Today was reading some comp magazine and found that russian Goverment is going to buy 2.000.000 of ASUS EeePC...

So found info here:
http://eeepc.asus.com/en/product.htm

scene3.jpg

--------
Share photos of your travels without waiting till you get home. Shop the world wide web without attaching any lines or wires. Learn through the latest technology without a technical manual. Play, relax, and entertain on the go with shock-proof design. Connect with friends and family with just a few clicks.
Mobility & Reliability
• At 7" and weighing only 0.92kg, you can take the Eee PC anywhere.
• Bumps and shocks are no longer issues. With a dependable solid-state disk, you get unparalleled shock-protection and reliability.
• Power-efficient design provides longer operating time when on the go.

701f.jpg

Ease & Technology
• With a rapid start-up time, the Eee PC is always ready to get into action.
• No technical manual required with the specially designed, user-friendly and intuitive graphic interface .

Work & Connectivity
• You’re always connected with built-in WiFi 802.11 b/g that automatically detects and connects to the Internet at any hotspot.
• The Eee PC includes the documents and the e-mails software, and a suite of other productivity software to help keep you on track.
• Upload photos and videos and share them instantly on Flickr or YouTube without waiting till you get home.

Media & Entertainment
• Enjoy music and videos with extensive support for a wide range of digital multimedia.
• Log on to Skype or other network, and you can connect with friends anywhere, anytime.
• Clear up wire clutter with the built-in card reader, camera, speakers, and microphone.

Specification
Model Name Eee PC 8G Eee PC 4G Eee PC 4G Surf Eee PC 2G Surf
Display 7" 7" 7" 7"
Intel CPU & Chipset ● ● ● ●
Operating System Linux
Windows XP compatible Linux
Windows XP compatible
Ethernet Communication ● ● ● ●
WLAN ● ● ● ●
Memory 1G (DDR2) 512 MB (DDR2) 512 MB (DDR2) 256 MB (DDR2)
S.S.D. Storage (Solid-State Disk) 8G 4G 4G 2G
Camera ● ● - -
Audio Hi-Definition audio
Stereo speaker
Microphone Hi-Definition audio
Stereo speaker
Stereo speaker
Stereo speaker
Microphone
Battery 4 Cells: 5200 mAh, 3.5hrs* 4 Cells: 5200 mAh, 3.5hrs* 4 Cells: 4400 mAh, 2.8hrs* 4 Cells: 4400 mAh, 2.8hrs*
Weight 0.92 kg 0.92 kg 0.92 kg 0.92 kg
Launch Date End of November 10/16 Global Launch Mid of November End of November
* Specificatioin changes are subject to different models
* Actual battery life will depend on actual operations and other settings.
* Product contains software under GPL license agreement

Yeah! Craginator is a loser!
Russians feed their zergs with this PCs!
Russians kill you all!

Immerse in holy light of gp2x and pray for your soul safety!

omg.... calm down.
And behave yourself.

We just found that EeePC won't be available for 200....

they are selling them for 400 USD in Russia... V__V

quasist said:
Yeah! Craginator is a loser!
Russians feed their zergs with this PCs!
um, the "Craigninator" doesn't exist yet except as an idea, some rough specs, and maybe a drawing or two... You can buy this PC RIGHT NOW!!

I think these things look very cool... If they get a few good emulators running on these, I'm in! Imagine, one of these little jobbies and a USB gamepad and you'd be set for travel - not only could it handle all your gaming needs, but all your web-surfing, email, word processing and light work-related needs as well, in one simple, robust design... The battery life's a bit of a bitch, but I could live with it if I could get a couple spares...

Of course, if I could get a USB keyboard working on my PSP, this would be moot... <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
That thin is not 200 dollars...its more like 399 at best...

price will not go down for a while till they release the rest.

I'm not grabbing one till january...Till then get stuck with gp2x-f200

ive been very interested in the eee pc since it was announced becuase it would be nice for psx and other emulators but i thought they might of raised the price of it which is a shame really because with 300 quid you can buy a half decent laptop, well the sales of them will be very interesting...

just typed it into youtube just to see if there was any videos on it

part 1
part 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know why people keep bringing this thing up as competition for the Craiginator. Does it have analog controls? A D-pad? Touchscreen? No :rolleyes:

People?

I think there was only 1 comparing comment. (consider it as a BAD joke)

heh. noone's seen Craiginator yet. How they could compare unseen things? 8))

I can imagine this being competition for people that are very satisfied with the GP2X for gaming and just want a very portable office / pda / internet solution next to it.

Would be great to have KDEcontact + Basket on this machine.

It's the cheapest Ultra Portable PC on the market. I bought one from Newegg should get it by Friday.

he's most likely talking about the 4gb model. which runs 399 its the only one I think on the market right now.

I gotta wait for the 8gb because thats seems like the only good thing to get unless I want a stripped down version of xp to run with and external hard drive to for all my apps and such.

I'm waiting for the 8GB version to be released, but from the data available and I can't work out when it will actually be coming out. So confused :blink:

Kind of neat but 7" is pretty freakin tiny to be a laptop and too big to be used like a handheld, it's a poor choice for emulation due to the slow CPU, standard keyboard input so you'd still need a gamepad, which is more shit to carry. It's not that cheap and for just a little over $400 like $600 or so I could get a real functional laptop with a reasonable size and with the bag I'd have to carry it in with a mouse and a controller, and the AC brick, and headphones, it won't matter if it's a few inches bigger. That's what you call a better investment than some cute trendy thing that isn't so useful at all.

Sometimes, i need a tiny thing to be online.
I don't like both touchscreens and PPC.

Currently, GP2X can't provide me all I need in my business trips. And my 12" notebook weights 1,9kg instead of 900g.

Mine came in today and it's small. The screen is big enough to view webpages and type with.

Back