Atari Lynx Wiz Questions

dogeymon

Still Fresh
Website
www.facebook.com
Has anyone downloaded this emulator yet? Atari Lynx for the Wiz?

http://lostsite.altervista.org/wiz/?page_id=63

If you scroll down the list, it's under Atari. I've downloaded and put this emulator on my WIZ. But it will absolutely refuse to work. Every time I try to launch a game, the screen goes dark and it goes back to my WIZ's main menu.

Has anyone else tried this emulator? Are you having success? Could you let me know what I'm doing wrong? Perhaps I have a file on my SD card that's screwing it up.

I didn't even know there was one. I don't think it's in the archive. I'll test when I get home.

Edit
It works for me though it needs some work. No volume control so it's loud as hell and it doesn't fit the screen properly. Choose either Handy_Gui or selector to launch. Handy.gpe just sends you back to the Wiz menu. All the games I've tried seem to work though.

Orion4874 said:
I didn't even know there was one. I don't think it's in the archive. I'll test when I get home.

Edit
It works for me though it needs some work. No volume control so it's loud as hell and it doesn't fit the screen properly. Choose either Handy_Gui or selector to launch. Handy.gpe just sends you back to the Wiz menu. All the games I've tried seem to work though.

I've tried selecting all three of those gpe files. Nothing works. The farthest I get is to the game selection screen.

What's on your memory card root directory? I haven't a clue why this isn't working for me. It's boggling my mind. Did you unzip it to the "game" folder on your card? Did you put it in the root directory or your card?

AHH! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Orion4874 said:

It's the alpha version ported by skeezix http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50463-handy-atari-lynx-emualtor-for-wiz-very-alpha/
and packed with a skin by Rorque and Selector by ^Misato^.

dogeymon said:
Orion4874 said:

Edit

I've tried selecting all three of those gpe files. Nothing works. The farthest I get is to the game selection screen.

What's on your memory card root directory? I haven't a clue why this isn't working for me. It's boggling my mind. Did you unzip it to the "game" folder on your card? Did you put it in the root directory or your card?

AHH! :)
I put it right in the games folder. I always unzip files on my computer first and then I copy them over. I never point the files elsewhere to be unzipped because I've had files that just didn't show up for whatever reason. I'd backup your sd card and reformat and see if that fixes it.

Back