Atari STe

__samuel__

Still Fresh
I REEEEEALLY like the Atari ST emulator. :wub:

Although, the atari st had a really crappy sound.
Anyone know if there will come an update for the "atari st" emu that will
make it into a "atari ste".
:huh:

If not, is there anyone who knows if there will come an Atari STe
eumlator in a near future?

/s

The STe was quite a complex beast, more like an Amiga 500 (had a blitter, enhanced graphics, better sound), but not that many games were made for it-you'd be better off waiting for an amiga emu.

Ah! :)
Thnx for the reply and the info.

I never had an Atari when i was little.
I was an Amiga guy. And i've seen comments saying that there's no need for
an amiga emulator, but then i guess that's not very true at all..

I'd really like (and i'm sure many others also would like) to be able to
use these old music-trackers that was availeble for the Amiga and Atari STe.

Think how GREAT it would be to be able to sit on the train, plain or what ever
and make little tunes in Protracker on the GP32!!!! :D

Well, well..
Right now it's only a dream.. And.. maybe it will remain that way :(

/s

if you're just wanting to play amiga mods on your gp32 then you can use one of the many gp32 mod players.. go to the gp32 utilities\media players and take your pick!!!

__samuel__ posted on Aug 18 2003 said:
I was an Amiga guy. And i've seen comments saying that there's no need for
an amiga emulator, but then i guess that's not very true at all..
The reasons there are no Amiga emulators yet are technical ones, not because of a lack of interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iv'e tried running some STE stuff, but I didn't have any luck. Even if it was, it wouldn't help this person create mods, because of the sound bug involving sample playback. If Skeezix fixes that you could do some decent mods on a bog standard ST ( I remember some cracking tunes on the ST, for internal music generation it was shit, but it's sample playback was fine- Actually it was captain blood's Jarre theme music that persuaded me to buy one).

moora101:
I don't want to play amiga mods. I want to create my own. I'm a musican and to be able to use the gp32 as a sketch-book for new songs i come up with when i'm out traveling (cuz you never remember them until you get home..) really would be nice.

Flack:
Good to hear that it's not the lack of interest that's the reason why there are no amiga emu. Actually I thought that was the reason..

stickofjoy:
If there was one i think it would be listed by the emulators on the gp32-sites.. Please, tell me if you see one.

khephren: yeah.. it would be great to be able just to use the chip-trackers for a start. i haven't tried one yet. but if there's a bug in the atari st-emu's sound i'll skip the testing of that..

i too would like an amiga emu..(i own a 500 and later a 1200).
for me the game's are timeless..
take alien breed-tower assult..now there's a game....
how about sensi world of soccer...cannon fodder 2....ab 3d and super skidmarks
....this emu would kick butt...lack of intrest...
i don't think so.

You might well see an Amiga 500 emu one day, but I can't see it managing A1200. Still, the 500 had enough sweet stuff to keep me going for years. Dune2 and UFO anyone?

yeah... i got really supprised when i saw the votes in a forum
about witch emu they would like to see next.. the amiga didn't
get many votes at all.. :/

they just said: all games for the amiga are available for atari st too. use that emu instead.

..but i agree.. an amiga emu would ROCK!
i'd LOVE to play cannon fodder 2 on an amiga emu! :)

and also.. to play and hear the magic music in monkey island 1 and 2 with that great 8bit 22kHz 4-track sound!

==DDDD

/s

__samuel__ posted on Aug 18 2003 said:
and also.. to play and hear the magic music in monkey island 1 and 2 with that great 8bit 22kHz 4-track sound!
You do know that there is a something called SCUMM that allows you to play Monkey Island and similar games on the GP32?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back