Release Audacity 2.0.0

Dave18

I wanted an copy of Audacity and couldn't find it in the pnd store so tried porting it myself. Only when I came here to make a post did I notice a version has already been ported!

Anyway, I've got V2.0.0 to build and run, the only problem is that it segfaults after playing a track (everything else seems to work ok)

I've tried to debug it but the gdb error is:

0x41599070 in _Unwind_VRS_Pop () from /lib/libgcc_s.so.1

If I try to backtrace I get:

Backtrace stopped: previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)

So I'm pretty much stumped!

If anyone wants a copy of the pnd let me know (it is over the 10mb limit for posting here). I don't want to put it on the repo because it segfaults.

If anyone knows what might be causing the problem that would be very helpful. The pnd contains the wxWidgets libs which I also compiled so issue could be related to a few different things.

I used wxwidgets before and didn't have problems with it so I think it should be related to audacity. But I don't have a clue about the error, sorry.

Edit: did you try to run audacity with -debug for the builtin debugfunction?

Last edited by a moderator:
any further attempts here? its such a pity that audacity 1.3 is not recording properly under kernel 3.2... a well working version of this program would really boost the usage of the pandora.

its possible to record from internal mic under kernel 2.6 but the line-in does not work (or is the ext-connector the line-in-source?)

dave18 can you still send versions of 2.0 for testing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the line in are the ports on the ext port. I think the mainmic is the internal one and the secondary mic is the one on the fourth pin on the headphonejack.

[...] and the secondary mic is the one on the fourth pin on the headphonejack.

good to know, but no signal. As I had no four-pin jack around I soldered two extra wires to the board (I thought the ground of a three-pin jack could disable the mic input) but still no signal.

can someone with a headset confirm that even under kerne 2.6 recording with external mic does not work? my soldering could be dirty.

If I got it right an ext-connector is needed for stereo-recording anyway?

Thats right. There is stereo in on the ext connector.

Yes I can still send it, just PM me an email address that can accept the file size.

Back