Release Audacity V2.0.2

Dave18

Managed to build a stable version of Audacity V2.0.2 for Pandora. Get it from the repo. *pretty sure* all required libs are bundled (it loads on a vanilla pandora) but there are a lot of features and I haven't tested them all.

I had to choose ALSA as the playback device, OSS doesn't seem to work.

Enjoy

Dave

Nice one :)

Can it make use of the internal mic on the new kernel?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked and it cannot record from any input device of the Pandora. There always is an errormessage and when you try to choose dsp0 it crashes to desktop.

Didn't try myself.

You don't see hw:0, hw:0.1 etc. ? hw things are alsa, and /dev/dsp are oss or alsa-oss.

Is this definitely an issue with Audacity or a general hardware/firmware issue? Has anyone recorded successfully from the internal mic using any other software?

I built a jackserver some months ago and had similar problems. I wasn't able to route the signals to the internal audiohardware. This only seems to work with some usb dac or similar stuff.

I confirm this.

For audacity, i think the problem is around alsa/oss.

thanks! its a very nice tool. Does the Line-in/out work? I'd like to record Line-in and maybe connect a mic.

Dunno, never tested 'cause i have no cable like that. It should work.

Try with hw:0,2 ?

hw:0,0 and hw:0,1 are the only ones that exist. hw:0,0 is the alsa output and hw:0,1 is the mic input.

I don't know where to ask this question because I have Audacity 1.3.12-beta and seems like it's not the one in the repo... so I don't remember where I got it from...

anyway it records without problems from the internal mic, but just for the first track... I can record and play well, but if I record a track AND record again (creating a new track) it complains it isn't able to open the sound device...

I suppose the pandora can't play while recording ? Does anyone have a solution to this ?

EDIT:

RESOLVED !! :D I downloaded the 2.0.2 and works as a dream !! I can now record and play multiple tracks !!

Thanks dave18 ;)

PS: as a reference it works for me with ALSA - omap3pandora: (hw:0,0) - omap3pandora: (hw:0,1)

Back