Audio, no video when playing video files

lingenfr

Most of my video files were encoded for iPhone. I think these all played fine on my P previously. I reinstalled the codec pack, searched the forums and what is left of the wiki and can't find a solution. I've tried with Gnome Mplayer and SMPlayer 2 from the repo. Same result. The audio plays, but no video. Thanks.

It only went to full screen in SMPlayer2 and it made no difference. Video is still solid green. In Gnome Player all the full screen, etc. options are grayed out.

After more fooling around, I've gotten them to work partially with some files. I installed vlc2 and it seemed to play most files. I was trying to see which (if any) of the video players would output the audio to bluetooth. Gnome Mplayer output the audio, but it was terrible on video and playing in generally and I normally had to kill it as it wouldn't quit otherwise. SMPlayer2 worked reasonably well, but wouldn't do BT nor would VLC. FWIW, I had the output set to ALSA in each of the apps. I have used BT with my OT Tags (headphones) and UConnect (my car system). Still a bit disappointed with the reliability of the video players in general and the BT output in particular. None of the players are reliable enough (even without BT) that I would travel with the P as my only player.

Back