(australia) The Annual Retrobrad Retro Games Convention

Iorgy77

emu parasite kid
Website
Visit site
Wanted to let you Australian guys know about the The Annual Retrobrad Retro Games Convention being held in November in Ballarat, Victoria.

I will be going and I hope to see you guys there, details as follow:

retrobrad said:
Details: The event will happen on Saturday the 17th of November 2007 (exact start time to be confirmed later...)

It will be held in the Studio Theatre room at the University of Ballarat, Victoria (Australia)

seeing that it will be summer, i have made sure that we have a nice airconditioned room (so things dont get too hot and sweaty...)

heres a pic of the venue (sorry its the only one i have for now...)
convention.jpg

so what can you expect???

LOADS OF NEAT RETRO ENTERTAINMENT!!! including..

:!: Tables upon tables setup with all your favourite retro systems and consoles (nintendo, sega, atari, colecovision, intellivision, commodore, amiga etc...)
:!: A range of Arcade cabinets (courtesy of my good friend grapes of gorf!!!)
:!: lucky door prizes
:!: Head to head competitions on the BIG SCREEN! (with prizes!)
:!: All your favourite music hits from the 70's 80's and 90's!!!
:!: All sorts of retro gaming information
:!: A buy, sell and swap supermarket (so make sure you bring some of your own games to swap with fellow collectors...)
:!: And loads more, basically its a whole day full of retro gaming goodness with fellow retro gaming fanatics!

So whats this event going to cost you???
It's only $20 per ticket! (which are limited...)

The tickets will cover the cost of the venue hire and whatever we have left over will be put back into prizes for you guys! (im not looking to make money for myself from this event, but rather just want the event itself to take place.)

So all that being said, tickets will be for sale by emailing me brad@retrobrad.com and i will also be listing a whole heap of them on ebay and on other retro gaming forums around the place.

tickets will be emailed and you will need to print them out and present it at the door on the day. each ticket will have its own unique code, and the name of the purchaser printed on it (so you will also need some id on the day) this is due to the fact that there are limited tickets (around the 50 mark) and also to prevent people trying to copy them etc...

alright, feel free to use this forum to discuss the upcoming event, and also if you have any suggestions about the event.

PS i will be finding out accomodation in the area this week too (for those that need to travel)

-brad
Here is a link to the retrobrad forum discussing the event: http://www.retrobrad.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=217

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds since a lot of my friends from way back now live in Bendigo Ballarat area.

It'd be a good oppurtunity to visit the family but I don't think I'll be able to leave work for that long until Christmas. :(

Have fun.

Iorgy77 said:
Wanted to let you Australian guys know about the The Annual Retrobrad Retro Games Convention being held in November in Ballarat, Victoria.

I will be going and I hope to see you guys there, details as follow:

retrobrad said:
Details: The event will happen on Saturday the 17th of November 2007 (exact start time to be confirmed later...)

It will be held in the Studio Theatre room at the University of Ballarat, Victoria (Australia)

seeing that it will be summer, i have made sure that we have a nice airconditioned room (so things dont get too hot and sweaty...)

heres a pic of the venue (sorry its the only one i have for now...)
convention.jpg

so what can you expect???

LOADS OF NEAT RETRO ENTERTAINMENT!!! including..

:!: Tables upon tables setup with all your favourite retro systems and consoles (nintendo, sega, atari, colecovision, intellivision, commodore, amiga etc...)
:!: A range of Arcade cabinets (courtesy of my good friend grapes of gorf!!!)
:!: lucky door prizes
:!: Head to head competitions on the BIG SCREEN! (with prizes!)
:!: All your favourite music hits from the 70's 80's and 90's!!!
:!: All sorts of retro gaming information
:!: A buy, sell and swap supermarket (so make sure you bring some of your own games to swap with fellow collectors...)
:!: And loads more, basically its a whole day full of retro gaming goodness with fellow retro gaming fanatics!

So whats this event going to cost you???
It's only $20 per ticket! (which are limited...)

The tickets will cover the cost of the venue hire and whatever we have left over will be put back into prizes for you guys! (im not looking to make money for myself from this event, but rather just want the event itself to take place.)

So all that being said, tickets will be for sale by emailing me brad@retrobrad.com and i will also be listing a whole heap of them on ebay and on other retro gaming forums around the place.

tickets will be emailed and you will need to print them out and present it at the door on the day. each ticket will have its own unique code, and the name of the purchaser printed on it (so you will also need some id on the day) this is due to the fact that there are limited tickets (around the 50 mark) and also to prevent people trying to copy them etc...

alright, feel free to use this forum to discuss the upcoming event, and also if you have any suggestions about the event.

PS i will be finding out accomodation in the area this week too (for those that need to travel)

-brad
Here is a link to the retrobrad forum discussing the event: http://www.retrobrad.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=217

I would have been there but my baby is due a week before, so I don't think i will be able to.

I seriously would have been there otherwise.

I hope there's an old Atari 800 there! Would have loved to play Archon against someone. :)

slaanesh said:
I would have been there but my baby is due a week before, so I don't think i will be able to.

I seriously would have been there otherwise.

I hope there's an old Atari 800 there! Would have loved to play Archon against someone. :)
My AtariXEGS will be there and will be available for sale or trade. ;)

Anyways another bump as the event draws nearer.

Back