awful news - FLU out of stock till next year

ralp99

according to a new post at gp32news.com

"Bad news,the production of FLU is stopped cause of a problem with the restock of the components.
The FLU kits will be available next year.

Thanks to Entware and Shibuyagames"

this is terrible - I suspect a lot of people will be put off from buying the system in the meantime - it sucks when gamepark trips over themselves! That's the price you have to pay, being a small company I suppose.

Do you think this is why the European launch doesn't get FLU's.
It will probably put a few people off and they are going to know about the GBA SP having a light as well, so they might buy that over the GP32 just for that reason.

Hi'
Everything else may be the reason,

but

I think they don't sell the FLU any more at the moment, so they have no problems in october/november with delivering the gameparks to europe.

I really hope the Gp32 will be the FLU version..

I always use the FLU, 30°, after a long night, the birds awake, and someone sits on a hill with a face lightend :blink:

Well, this only happened once :rolleyes:

The original GBA didn't have a light, and that didn't stop it being snapped up... I doubt the lack of light will harm it that much.

?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!! I orderd one from gbax.com about 3 or 4 days ago.

Will i have to wait till next year to get it?!?!?

Please say no lol i cant wait that long :(

NightStar posted on Aug 26 2003 said:
The original GBA didn't have a light, and that didn't stop it being snapped up... I doubt the lack of light will harm it that much.
But the original GBA didn't have any competition, period. Let alone competition with a light.

Last edited by a moderator:
I realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy hope i dont have to wait till next year. I CANT WAIT THAT LONG!.

i want my GP32 now!! lol

I think it would be best for Gamepark if they sold both versions in Europe, because people want light. If not, they have to really market it so people understand that the GP32 screen is much, much better then the GBA. If not I think people wont buy it a lot because they wont make the same mistake again, cause GBA got a lot of critism for it's screen and lack of light.
I hope a European release will be a success for Gamepark and open up the possibility for other small companies with bright ideas, to compete with the big boys. :)

I got good New and bad news!!!

The Good: the-discount-shop.com has an undisclosed amount of FLU units left! And they ship internationally.

The Bad: They obviously heartd the news too, so the price jumped to $300 USD!

this is crazy. i just ordered mine from lik-sang on sunday night. then today i got an email from them saying that they're out of stock and getting more from the manufacturers, and that they should be in sometime early in september... and i paid via paypal so they already have the money. i'm hoping this gets resolved. if not, i'm not sure what i'll do, because i can't see paying 300 for one through the discount shop

here's the email i got from liksang today:

> Sorry to let you know that your order has been changed to "back-order"
> because our initial stock of "GP32 Game System with front light built-in"
> has been sold out. We have contacted the manufacturer, new shipment is
> expected to be back early September. Your order will be sent as soon as
> stock arrives.
>
> If you would like to make any changes, just feel free to get back to us
> again, we will do it for you.
>
> We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

---

i replied inquiring about what's going to happen to my order, because if it's on indefinite backorder, i'm not sure what i'm going to do about it... probably cancel it

subrama6 posted on Aug 26 2003 said:
here's the email i got from liksang today:

> Sorry to let you know that your order has been changed to "back-order"
> because our initial stock of "GP32 Game System with front light built-in"
> has been sold out. We have contacted the manufacturer, new shipment is
> expected to be back early September. Your order will be sent as soon as
> stock arrives.
>
> If you would like to make any changes, just feel free to get back to us
> again, we will do it for you.
>
> We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

---

i replied inquiring about what's going to happen to my order, because if it's on indefinite backorder, i'm not sure what i'm going to do about it... probably cancel it
just ask them to change your order to an original gp32

Last edited by a moderator:
Back