Azalins Newest Greatest 2x Mod Thingy

Azalin

What was that? It sounded like a, a sound of some
Website
www.loremaster.a-host.info
Yep, I've done it again and made something amazingly useful with my GP2x.

Who hasn't at least once thought of how cool it would be to have a home sound system? The kind that has a speaker in every room playing music from a central station? Well, now you can! For less than $200 canadian, i built myself a stereo system that goes to every room in my house!

What you'll need:
-Power adapter for gp2x.
-Several Audio-cable splitters (The kind you use for headphones and such, also known as I-splitters).
-Several Audio extension cables (Again, the kind used for headphones) in 20ft increments.
- 6 sets of pc speakers. Yes, PC speakers.

So what you do, basicly, is you plug all the Splitters into each other, creating a "Tree" of them. Then you plug each of your extension cables into a Splitter output. Then you plug the first splitter into your 2x, and plug your power adapter into your 2x as well.

Now, you can go ahead and arrange the speakers around your house, wiring them all back the the 2x with the extension cables. When your done, you'll end up with a fairly nice set-up all controlled from your gp2x! For less than $200 no less! I've been using this set-up in my own house for a week now, and i have to say, it totally rocks! But the big test will come tonight, when it's going to be playing full-blast for arund 8 hours as i host a New-years party. Hopefully the speakers will hold out...

Pics. As soon as you can get around to posting them. Thanks :)

Stumbled across a pair of wireless speakers in TK Maxx (uk shop that sells cheap designer stuff) yesterday for £14 (rrp £50). 50m range apparently, and the sound is perfect. They're kind of like decent quality pc speakers. Best thing about them is the speakers are completely separate so you can have them in different rooms if you want. Much better than trailing cables all over the house.

woogal posted on Dec 30 2006 at 03:41 PM said:
Stumbled across a pair of wireless speakers in TK Maxx (uk shop that sells cheap designer stuff) yesterday for £14 (rrp £50). 50m range apparently, and the sound is perfect. They're kind of like decent quality pc speakers. Best thing about them is the speakers are completely separate so you can have them in different rooms if you want. Much better than trailing cables all over the house.
Rate good. did they have loads of em? maybe they have ewm in other TK Maxxes.

Speaking of which, wtf were you doing in TK Maxx :p?

Last edited by a moderator:
The concept is appealing ('Look - I just plug this small box into my speaker system') but everyone I show the GP2X to is wow-ed by the fact it plays movies and retro games.

Its audio capability is overlooked as everyone has an MP3 player - even though the GP2X MP3 playback is excellent. One mate complimented me on my headphones and when I revealed they where £10 he asked me where I got them.

Goity posted on Dec 30 2006 at 03:47 PM said:
woogal posted on Dec 30 2006 at 03:41 PM said:
Rate good. did they have loads of em? maybe they have ewm in other TK Maxxes.

Speaking of which, wtf were you doing in TK Maxx :p?
They only had a couple. Sound quality is that good that I almost went back for the other box (I think loads of speakers will all work off the same transmitter so no need for any splitters). Looks like they were trying to get rid of old stock as they'd knocked 6 quid off the price (should have been £20). As for why I was there - I get all my clothes from TK Maxx. I refuse to pay full price for anything, especially clothes :).

RockOut posted on Dec 30 2006 at 06:51 AM said:
It sounds cool, however it will be difficult for a 6000 sq. ft house.

6000sq ft :blink: Did you win the lottery - that sounds like the size of a hotel rather than a house.

Back on topic (almost) - has anybody used a squeezebox?

Back