Release Back-order End Time Official (and Forums Confirmed Temporary

javaJake

Jacob Godserv
Website
myhumblecorner.wordpress.com
http://openpandora.org/
The cut off for Pandora preorders is the end of the 5th of October worldwide (so that is just before Noon UK/Europe time on Monday).

Please make sure you place your order before then.

Order via your local distributor.

We will update the site on Tuesday with the final sales figures and next week you will be seeing the very first of the mass production PCBs.

Thanks Everyone - and we look forward to the next step! Catch us on the new (temporary while the old ones are fixed) forums.

The news boils down to:
  • Pre-orders end when everyone in the world is finally in the 6th of October.
  • They'll be posting sales figures Tuesday.
  • They'll be posting pictures of the "very first of the mass production PCBs".
  • These forums are confirmed to be merely temporary.

Well we hope the old ones come back, but I do understand the longer we stay here the more important these ones become, and obviously there are things here now which can't just be deleted, but I'm sure we can find a way to link everything in.

Well, you could transform them to support forums for people who aren't really into the scene

Also, I'd love to see those numbers. As well as those pictures. Awesome

craigix said:
Well we hope the old ones come back, but I do understand the longer we stay here the more important these ones become, and obviously there are things here now which can't just be deleted, but I'm sure we can find a way to link everything in.
Most websites have a first party forum and fans set up a third party forum. Why can you not just have both?

this is a bit different. not only is craigix a part of the other community, its the community that creates the applications for it- the only reason people would buy it.

craigix said:
Would it be possible to move the more important threads to GP32X now that it is back up?

I am not sure if it will be easy to import the posts to GP32x. There are tools to convert a database (you would need phpbb to invision) but this is if you want to change to new forum software and not import. Someone may need to write a custom script to import all the posts to gp32x which could be very tricky. Issues such as forum categories not matching and member names being different or missing are two that springs to mind.

just freeze thatone and have it linked in its closed state for reference.
not much point having the same discussions going on in two different places.

Looking at the fact that many people are still posting here and havn't left yet, I would keep them both and decide later. I like the new forum very much. Don't know why, but it is clean and just feels good :)

is there any info about sales of pandora where does it say that they have sold 3000 units.

sukhiextreme said:
is there any info about sales of pandora where does it say that they have sold 3000 units.
search craigixs posts, hes said it somewhere. like, they were 100 below 4000

i sorta like the idea of keeping this forum just for pandora-related stuff. sure there is the good ol' forum, but with the new platform, face it .. if it does as well as it should as the new platform, then someone will make a pandora-only arena. it may as well be this one!

torpor said:
i sorta like the idea of keeping this forum just for pandora-related stuff. sure there is the good ol' forum, but with the new platform, face it .. if it does as well as it should as the new platform, then someone will make a pandora-only arena. it may as well be this one!
guess you want less software then?

torpor said:
There are only 986 members on this forum, and there were close to 4000 preorders. Sure, some people might've ordered more than one, but 3000 meant for the sole purpose reselling? That's highly unlikely, and doesn't even take into account the people who joined this board and didn't preorder.

Bah, I personally don't like having to check both gp32x.de and the zillion forums here to find out what's going on in the Pandora scene.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back