Back to the Pandora!

ElPoco

Hardcore Member
I've recently noticed a slight bump at the back of my GPD Win and I suspect the battery has started to swell. So until I can check, and probably get a new battery and extended back case, I've dusted off (figuratively, it was stored safely) my trusty Pandora.

It's still working like a charm (except for the failing left nub and the broken right shoulder button) and I was happy to see that the repo still got updates and new stuff. I'm really happy I kept it. It feels a bit blocky and old compared to the more modern GPD Win, but it's still impressive what this old box that was supposed to be outdated when I got it can do.

I do miss a bit the catalog of my GPD Win (and my piratez game I have to pause just as I was finally getting on track to the end of the game), but there's no shortage of things to do on my Pandora either.

I had to go back to the Pandora from my GPD Win, because whit this Windows 10 forced Updates, its not praktical as an "Everyday Carry Handheld",
Im sit on the Hear Cutter, wants to play some Games whyle waiting but have to wait for the Windows 10 Update to finish..
Also I ditnt had much luck whit the PSX Emulator on the GPD, both emulators i testet ditnt worked, ..
On the + Side of the GPD are: GTA San Andreas, GTA 4, Farming Simulator 2013, Euro Truck Simulator 1 and the Dedealic Adventures (Edna and Harvey, Deponia) on the Go,

Whit the Pandora, i ditnt have the X86 Games, but i can Play whenever i want, there is no forced Update, and every Emulator works cause its made for Pandora..

I have a CC Pandora, i had to fix the Shoulderbuttons some times, and the Case isnt the Best, and somethimes my Nubs works a bit weyred, and i have to turn of my Pandora when i dotnt use it cause the Standbye is brocken because my Display Backlight Controll ditnt work (the Backlight itself works, but you cant dimme it or dissable it, until you shut down the whole Pandora..

Yeah, I keep going back to my Pandora. i used to say the SP was my fav handheld but as time goes by I think that is changing to my Pandora. It can't quite play GBA games at full speed, I haven't tweeked it to do that, but everything else it plays well.

GBA Games on the Pandora where quite playable, i ditnt find that they arend full speed, and i tryed GPsP and GBA Emu out,
The Only Thing its dosnt plays are these NES Collection Games, but even the Revo GBA and the GBA Everdrive got trouble whit these Games,
But as soon i get my Pyra, my Pandora will get his Retirement..

GBA Games on the Pandora where quite playable, i ditnt find that they arend full speed, and i tryed GPsP and GBA Emu out,
The Only Thing its dosnt plays are these NES Collection Games, but even the Revo GBA and the GBA Everdrive got trouble whit these Games,
But as soon i get my Pyra, my Pandora will get his Retirement..
Which NES collection games do you mean? I didn't know that there was an official GBA port

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

There was a Series of Offizial NES Game Ports, each on a separate GBA Module,
I have a Module of Super Mario Bros, but there are also Dr. Mario, Zelda, Ice Climber, Donkey Kong, The Games where in a Red Package, and there are no extra features, just the NES Game on a GBA Module, Playable on a GBA:.

Ah yeah, I remember those. They came pretty late in the GBA's lifecycle I think, and therefore probably did some weird things to stop pirates cloning them or something.

Im in the middle of a move and found my Pandora in a box and it was so good to see it again. Booted right up ready to play.

I had really considered the Win but reading some of this I think maybe waiting was a good idea.

Back