Backgrounds For Gnuboy

taras

Mega Pandora mania
Website
taras.net
marqueeezz.jpg

http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,23,1327

did some backgrounds for gnuboy, you get classic Game Boy, old-style GBA, GB Micro, N-Gage and GP2X.

THEYE ARE THE BEST

Also, what's with Bubble Train being 30MB? Can someone explain why it needs to be that big, and whether downloading it will be justified?

Shikaku posted on Mar 1 2006 at 10:20 AM said:
It has OGGs. Yes, it's worth downloading.
Personally, its not that AMAZING.

But thats just my opinion. I prefer tilematch :p

Anyway, nice backgrounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think there will be a music stripped version?
I can't be bothered to download something that big even if the game is brilliant.

I just posted this today in another thread:

Perhaps we could have a choice of Gameboy screen surrounds (Original, Pocket, Colors etc etc), or a folder as part of the installation where we could just put our own (That would be best). An option to play it plain with no surround would be nice too.

Maybe we could configure GBC games to launch with a GBC surround and GB games with a different surround from the folder etc...?

I'm away from the GP2X at the moment - how do you use these backgrounds?

®

taras posted on Mar 1 2006 at 03:57 PM said:
did some backgrounds for gnuboy, you get classic Game Boy, old-style GBA, GB Micro, N-Gage and GP2X.

THEYE ARE THE BEST

Also, what's with Bubble Train being 30MB? Can someone explain why it needs to be that big, and whether downloading it will be justified?
Speaking of large downloads, why are those surrounds in .bmp?
Surely the download would be much smaller if they were PNG? (Especially seeing as they have a huge are of black)
I don't know if Gnuboy supports PNG, but if it doesn't anyone can change them.

TyBO123 posted on Mar 1 2006 at 06:48 PM said:
Did anyone else notice "Cocks" "Evil" "Stupid"?

Wtf?

Reminds me of a FF1 hack I stumbled across... Profanity after profanity. Was rather perplexed, and not amused... Luckily was not that far into the game. :ph34r:

Polymira, I scale it too. I just thought it would be fun to have a look at different backgrounds.

Why are they BMP? Because GnuBoy uses BMP. They're in a ZIP so the download should be no bigger than it would be with a compressed format (eg PNG).

How do you use them? Read the readme... the easiest way is to rename the one you want to use to default.bmp.

I don't know what all this discussion about rude words is, we'll have none of that here! Tut

taras posted on Mar 1 2006 at 08:27 PM said:
Why are they BMP? Because GnuBoy uses BMP. They're in a ZIP so the download should be no bigger than it would be with a compressed format (eg PNG).
Sorry I missed that :)

taras posted on Mar 1 2006 at 02:27 PM said:
But it still takes up more room on the SD.
taras posted on Mar 1 2006 at 02:27 PM said:
I don't know what all this discussion about rude words is, we'll have none of that here! Tut
Check the screenie at the top of the page ;)

EDIT: Figures that my post is the first one on the next page. Change that to "Check the screenie at the top of the previous page" :lol:

Ha ha, cocks.

I'm way too immature, but I don't give a damn.

Like the backgrounds, though. Just play better games than cock tetris.

Wow, my Tetris must be posessed.

After a heavy session, I often find myself trying to rearrange tins of soup to fit the cupboard... then not understanding why they don't disappear.

And this morning I found myself shouting 'cocks' at an old woman. Fortunately, I was on a farm, and she knew exactly what I meant.

Back