Backlit GP32 confirmed for next month.

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
Just got confirmation of a backlit gp32 (or actually front lit GBASP style i think) and here is the best bit - you will be able to upgrade your own GP32 to this version!

Price is about $30 - $50 more for the lit unit.

I'm just trying to get prices for the upgrade kit - it does NOT invlove takling your gp32 apart so i suspect it will be a case of removing the screen cover and replacing.

-Craig.

www.gbax.com

Sweet! Ill be gettting one from you too if your stocking them!

Cheers

TFC

$50 isn't too bad. I was going to buy a gba flood light today and mod it, I'm glad Craig put up that message when he did.

If it was anybody but Craigx and gbax.com saying this, I'd be suspicious....

As it stands, I'm feeling butterflies in my stomach. :D

Thanks for the posting, Craig!

Yyyyeeess! Do these front lights work as well as backlights? I seriously can't wait, I talk about how hard the screen is to see every day!

I don't see the prob with the light myself - last night I was playing mine outside a chinese restaurant (ie a sidewalk cafe type setup). Nobody complained about it being too hard to see, I think the only complaint was not being able to hear it except when they were holding it (ie not me playing and them listening from afar)

Does the lens just pop out like the GBA? Does the tan border pop out with the lens?

If so, it actually looks like the gp32 was designed to easily take an add-on light.

Are there any disassembly pictures of the case? All I can find are darkfader's pcb board pics.

If the new light doesn't require dissassembly, where does it get power? From the ext port, kind of like a Halo light.?

Yeah I was thinking that....wheres it gonna get the power from?

TFC

I'll try to get photos this week - yes it does seem it will plug into the ext port, but i think it will be a plug through kind of device which will still allow the RF (etc) to be connected too.

I'll try to find out about battery life.

-Craig.

www.gbax.com

Thanks Craig! I'm sure we all have more questions, but I'm content to sit back and wait for your updates on info and pics, cause I know you will. :)

sounds kool
does this although i aint having much trouble playing on mine
but a light would help
and craigs a top dood
so im more than happy to throw a few quid his way when they are available
gbax.com
place to be

craigix posted on Mar 8 2003 said:
Just got confirmation of a backlit gp32 (or actually front lit GBASP style i think) and here is the best bit - you will be able to upgrade your own GP32 to this version!

Price is about $30 - $50 more for the lit unit.

I'm just trying to get prices for the upgrade kit - it does NOT invlove takling your gp32 apart so i suspect it will be a case of removing the screen cover and replacing.

-Craig.

www.gbax.com
????

so you said that we'll have :
-a frontlighted GP32 ,
-a kit to upgrade a gp32 to the lighted one and wich doesn't need difficult mounting like an afterburner

there's something wierd in this, , if the kit upgrade to the other version, so the other version will be a gp32 with an external kit on it???

or will the kit simply be like an afterburner ?
:huh: <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
i think hes saying that you can either buy the gp32 with the light allready fitted and ready, or you can buy an afterburner style upgrade and fix it yourself.

yeah but remember:
- it does NOT invlove takling your gp32 apart

so it looks like it's not an afterburner-like ,

so 2 solutions,
1/ the already-modded gp32 has a different kit :blink:
2/ the already-modded GP32 is just a gp32 with a gba-style external light on it ? :blink:

i'm really curious to see this famous kit <_<

anyone else think itll just be an adapter to plug a 60watt lightbulb into the usb, and some sticky tape to hold it in place? :D

Back