Bad Flash? Bricked? Jtag?

Drakon

Still Fresh
Ok, so I bought this bricked OpenPandora from ebay. According to the guy he flashed the firmware and he reset it during the flash and it bricked.

What I can see - 

• No Lights or Led's
  • Battery reads at 3.7v
  • Battery Contacts read 4v on AC
  • Battery Contacts read 1.1v on USB Charge
  • Can not get it to boot into recovery by holding R and powering it on (still dead no lights)
I do have a USBJTAG NT but I don't have the configuration to attempt to reflash it via JTAG.

Any suggestions? help? Should I just buy a new board from the store?

Thanks,

Is it the Alternate boot method listed in the Wiki?

Can this be made in Windows? or do I need to make it in a Linux OS?

I had near Problems in the near Past.

I will upload a DD Pandora Rescue Image packed as RAR Archive.(download Size 663MB packed)

Unpacked is it around 3 GB Big and you can use a 4GB SD Card for it(or bigger but must have 255Cylinders).

The easiest Way to bring this Image then correct onto SD is the Windows Freeware Software USBIT from here:

http://www.alexpage.de/usb-image-tool/download/

(dont forget to run this Software as an Admin)

With DiskDump is it a little more complicated,thats because i recomment this USBIT Software :rolleyes:

Link to the Image(you can download it in around one Hour because still uploading)

the Pandora Rescue DD Image

http://qemu.openpandora.org/PandoraOperatingSystems/Pandora-Rescue-SD-DD-Image.rar

When it not work then see with Testdisk that your SD Card has 255 Cylinders(important,but dont know why exactly,had Luck,mine have it)

or search a SD Card with 255 Cylinders

All Data on your SD will be destroyed.

For Rescueing the Pandora:

-take the AccuCell outside and no Powercable plugged in

-insert SD Card onto the left slot

-put the AccuCell into your Pandora and hold the R Shoulder Button

(after a few Seconds should the first LED beginning to blink and a Picture come for flashing the Pandora) ;)

-when nothing happen here then maybe the AccuCell is very empty,so put then the Power Cable on it and wait up to to 20 Minutes with the SD Card in it.

Good Luck

(i experimented with other Bootloaders and thought i destroyed my Pandora.For this DD Image did i need the half Day for finding the right MLO Bootfiles and mixed them with the actual Flash Files for Zaxxon 1.70 or 1.71 )

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so I bought this bricked OpenPandora from ebay. According to the guy he flashed the firmware and he reset it during the flash and it bricked.
It's pretty hard to trash the bootloader while reflashing, you'd have to hit sub-second moment to do it, or use special tools to destroy it. I suspect this pandora has some other fault and was sold this way to get any value out of it, but you can never know, so yeah, good luck.

I had near Problems in the near Past.

I will upload a DD Pandora Rescue Image packed as RAR Archive.(download Size 663MB packed)

Unpacked is it around 3 GB Big and you can use a 4GB SD Card for it(or bigger but must have 255Cylinders).

The easiest Way to bring this Image then correct onto SD is the Windows Freeware Software USBIT from here:

http://www.alexpage.de/usb-image-tool/download/

(dont forget to run this Software as an Admin)

With DiskDump is it a little more complicated,thats because i recomment this USBIT Software :rolleyes:

Link to the Image(you can download it in around one Hour because still uploading)

the Pandora Rescue DD Image

http://qemu.openpandora.org/PandoraOperatingSystems/Pandora-Rescue-SD-DD-Image.rar

When it not work then see with Testdisk that your SD Card has 255 Cylinders(important,but dont know why exactly,had Luck,mine have it)

or search a SD Card with 255 Cylinders

All Data on your SD will be destroyed.

For Rescueing the Pandora:

-take the AccuCell outside and no Powercable plugged in

-insert SD Card onto the left slot

-put the AccuCell into your Pandora and hold the R Shoulder Button

(after a few Seconds should the first LED beginning to blink and a Picture come for flashing the Pandora) ;)

-when nothing happen here then maybe the AccuCell is very empty,so put then the Power Cable on it and wait up to to 20 Minutes with the SD Card in it.

Good Luck

(i experimented with other Bootloaders and thought i destroyed my Pandora.For this DD Image did i need the half Day for finding the right MLO Bootfiles and mixed them with the actual Flash Files for Zaxxon 1.70 or 1.71 )
Sigh, it doesn't look like it worked. Still no lights or anything.

Back to the drawing board.

**EDIT**

If someone has some time to Skype maybe someone with some experience could trouble shoot this better then I.

Wow, ok I got it to boot (I think off the NAND) it looks like somethings arent working but others are.

Is it possible to flash the NAND while its booted? For some reason I still can't get it to boot from the SD Card.

EDIT
Never mind I got it!

Holy cow thanks for the help. So it was hold Start + Pandora + R put battery in then let go after 2 seconds it then boots! MAGIC!

Ok so now my last issue...

The L button was broken (the actual button on the board) is there a place I can buy a replacement? I was able to desolder it from the board without an issue. I just need a replacement.

I think there is some mouser productcode floating around this forum somewhere.

wow i am glad that it work ;)

When you need Spareparts can you just buy a original Signated defektive Board with all Parts on it in the DragonboxShop.

I have here one Board too for this Type of Spareparts.

Cost 30Euro and you can desolder many Parts like Buttons,Usbports,Audioports and others. ;)

Thats the 30Euro worth for the Spareparts and you will help the entire Pandora/Pyra Project with buying it too ;)

here the Link to it ;)

https://www.dragonbox.de/en/pandora/118-pcb.html

Ideal for Spareparts and sorry about my Doublepost.

Tapatalk work not right here for now.
Great idea, I think I will pickup a new case and a new set of screws also (The guy stripped them)

Thanks again for all your help! This is one of the best responses I have gotten from a community!
A Honor for me,thx :)

And welcome again as new Member of our Pandora Community ^_^

A Part of the Pandora Community is still active @ the official German Pandora Forum:

http://forum.gp2x.de/search.php?search_id=active_topics

When you are German can you ask your Questions in German there too,i will be there ;)

In my Youtube Account will you find over 340 Pandora Videos yet and i will make more from Time to Time.

You can see there what the Pandora all can up to maximum overclocked Things :)

Links are in my Signature :rolleyes:

Back