Bank Transfer Numbers

Chip

[Insert Custom Title Here]
Website
chipandre.com
I've been assured that these numbers have been double checked and are accurate. The first account is for transfers in USD only. The second account is for all other currencies.

For USD Transfers only:QUOTE
Account Name: OPENPANDORA LIMITED

BIC/SWIFT: BARCGB22
IBAN: GB12BARC20238142867722

Sort Code: 20 23 81
Acc. No: 42867722

For GBP and other currencies:QUOTE
Account Name: Open Pandora Ltd.

BIC/SWIFT: BARCGB22
IBAN: GB33BARC20238183525767

Sort Code: 20 23 81
Acc. No: 83525767

Address (same for both accounts)QUOTE
Barclays Bank
9 STATION ROAD
ASHINGTON
NORTHUMBERLAND
NE63 9XB

Thanks, Chip - I popped into town yesterday with the USD account number (as detailed in my email), and the bank refused. I went back with the GBP number (which I gleaned from the forums), and they confirmed that it was associated with OP.

Transfer made, though I missed a digit from my order-number by mistake... added my name though, so they should be able to find it...hopefully :)

Christ, this bank-transfer thing is quite scary, innit?

D.

I've already transferred the required amount to the account number I received in the email I got from Jacquelyn.
However, the numbers I got on the email are for the USD account. I am in the UK and have paid in £ so how does this affect me now??

I've just sent my payment, however my local bank (RaboBank), used a different bic/swift code; the address matched though.
Put Account No, Sort Code and Order Number in the description, so I hope that should do it.

Dunny said:
Transfer made, though I missed a digit from my order-number by mistake... added my name though, so they should be able to find it...hopefully :)
I'd send an e-mail to let them know of the discrepancy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marko said:
I've already transferred the required amount to the account number I received in the email I got from Jacquelyn.
However, the numbers I got on the email are for the USD account. I am in the UK and have paid in £ so how does this affect me now??

I did the same - Barclays refused the transaction and I had the monies refunded within 30 minutes.

Have you checked your statement online?

If you have had the money refunded just resend it using the GBP account number (I have just done this).

Hi,

There are 2 options listed for transfers: international transfers in USD and international transfers in any other money.

I'm in the US, my bank (Wells Fargo) has a fee web page that shows :

(1) Wire Transfer — Outgoing International Wire — U.S. Currency
Send an international wire transfer in U.S. currency. $30 each

(2) Wire Transfer — Outgoing International Wire — Foreign Currency
Send an international wire transfer in foreign currency. $20 each

It's looks like it is cheaper to send in GBP then dollars.
I still think that they would probably charge me for conversion fees if I transfer money in GBP.
I don't know what happens if I tranfer in UDS (does the UK bank charges fees to Wells Fargo which then charges me ?)

In any case, does it make a difference for OpenPandora Ltd if I transfer in USD or GBP ?

Thanks !

@scottm - just checked my account now and it says "payment failed". Will pay to the account posted up by Chip. Worrying that sales sent us the wrong details by email!!

Question about re-preorders from the US.

If it preferred to convert the amount refunded into GBP to send it, or leave it in USD?

Leave it in USD and send it to the USD-account makes the most sense to me. The Pandora-parts are ordered in USD, too.

Marko said:
Worrying that sales sent us the wrong details by email!!
"Sales" had been up for 36 hours straight sending emails and processing orders. Being that overworked, it's understandable that a typo might have slipped in. She's promised not to work herself into exhaustion any more ;)

Drack said:
If it preferred to convert the amount refunded into GBP to send it, or leave it in USD?
It is preferred to leave it in USD.

@Chip - I wasn't being cheeky there. I did get the email at 2.52am UK time so I can understand the mistake. I'm more than happy to transfer to the GBP account number shown here.

Chock said:
Hi,

There are 2 options listed for transfers: international transfers in USD and international transfers in any other money.

I'm in the US, my bank (Wells Fargo) has a fee web page that shows :
(1) Wire Transfer — Outgoing International Wire — U.S. Currency
Send an international wire transfer in U.S. currency. $30 each

(2) Wire Transfer — Outgoing International Wire — Foreign Currency
Send an international wire transfer in foreign currency. $20 each

It's looks like it is cheaper to send in GBP then dollars.
I still think that they would probably charge me for conversion fees if I transfer money in GBP.
I don't know what happens if I tranfer in UDS (does the UK bank charges fees to Wells Fargo which then charges me ?)

In any case, does it make a difference for OpenPandora Ltd if I transfer in USD or GBP ?

Thanks !

I am in exactly the same situation as Chock. Wells Fargo's fees suck. So, which option should we choose. I know they charged me about $10 the first time for currency conversion, so it sounds like it is about a wash. How would OP prefer to receive the money?

Raven

I sent my euros to the number stated in the email on friday; the USD number.
It'll probably reject on monday. I just wait and see what happens.

Funny, I've been lurking this forum for almost a year now, after waiting for over 10 years for a device like the pandora. When I finally decide to post 2 messages to Chip's account-number topic about my trip to the bank, the whole topic is deleted. :blink:

Oh well, it's quite a story paying 3 times for it, probably costing me an extra 60 euros by then, and still think it's totally worth it. :D

EDIT: It seems my payment in EUR to the USD account is accepted on monday. Now waiting for confirmation from OP (I give it a few more days).

damn feel bad now
sent an email earlier on requesting the new numbers, just gived the extra work

but i was trying to get it done before sunday ah well looks like monday afternoon before i can do it

scottm said:
I did the same - Barclays refused the transaction and I had the monies refunded within 30 minutes.

Have you checked your statement online?

If you have had the money refunded just resend it using the GBP account number (I have just done this).

My transfer had also been refused by Barclays yesteraday, as I have been given the USD account.

I am doing it again on Monday, to the GBP account this time. Hope it will be fine.

Thank's for the clarification Chip!

RavenX said:
I am in exactly the same situation as Chock. Wells Fargo's fees suck. So, which option should we choose. I know they charged me about $10 the first time for currency conversion, so it sounds like it is about a wash. How would OP prefer to receive the money?

If you have the option, we would prefer USD. All our manufacturing costs are in USD so all other payments to the other account will have to be converted at some point. By paying in USD you save us the trouble of converting and avoid the possibility of us losing yet more due to shifting conversion rates.

This is the first I've heard of the USD option. It wasn't mentioned on the blog or anything. Was there some big announcement that I missed?

Addendum: ALL of the information about the re-ordering needs to be in one place somewhere. Including answers to all of the frequently-asked questions.

I think there might've been a thread like that at one point, but it's no longer up.

Chip said:
If you have the option, we would prefer USD. All our manufacturing costs are in USD so all other payments to the other account will have to be converted at some point. By paying in USD you save us the trouble of converting and avoid the possibility of us losing yet more due to shifting conversion rates.
Chip, I am a bit confused here. I thought the first account is for USD only, and for GBP and other currency you want it to be transferred to the second account. I will be sending from Singapore Dollar (other currency), so you prefer me to send it to the USD account or to the GBP account ???? Thank you for the explanation

Chip said:
I posted my transfer Saturday(won't be processed until Monday though) through Washington Mutual and they didn't charge a fee.

However, i didn't know that you are preferring USD, so i said to convert to GBP(Conversion rate was listed as 1.520688 at the time). Hopefully that isn't too much of an inconvenience.

Back