Barbie Adventure Vacation

Macbeth

Website
kyuuseiki.deviantart.com
Barbie Adventure Vacation
Release Date - 1991
Developer - Mattel
Rating - M - Over 21 Only - (May exclude all other countries.)

Are you confused? Don't have a plan in life? Then why not play the 1991 title: Barbie Adventure Vacation! It's a title for the Super Nintendo; it will help solve all life's little problems, such as.. "Do I like other men?", "Do I like pink?", "Is Barbie attracted to me?". If you enjoy this game, then maybe you should answer the questions with the answer "Yes.", as you'd have to be insane to play this game. Or me.
macbeth66pz.jpg

STORY & GAMEPLAY:
Barbie is interested in a vacation. (Or holiday if you are British.). Now, being a rich, plastic tits blonde girl, this is no problem for Barbie; however, she needs help in deciding where to go. You can go to.. California, Barbie's home land - Iowa, which I hear is excellent for corn. Florida, where Barbie goes to the beach. Texas,... let's hope the chainsaw massacre is real, eh Barbie? And various others..
You first choose START or OPTIONS - (Suffer or Tweak). Choose Start and you'll be taken to a place where you enter your name.
macbeth2ss.jpg
After that you choose where to go by using a pointer, which you control like you would with a mouse, but with the joypad.
macbeth22pk.jpg

Once you choose a place, you pick the colour for her outfit by just pushing a button while the pointer is on various bits of her body. I chose lovely pink on most occasions. You move around as if she's imitating a platformer once you've arrived at your destination. You can take part in various games depending where you are having your vacation. You can set up a tent in uh... one of the places. Some games require you to just jump between stones, throw horse shoe, ride horses, take photos, the list goes on. Most of these games are, just... quite tedious. They require you to just hit buttons at the right time, sometimes it puts aim into the mix aswell; not a good formulae for a good game.

GRAPHICS:
Hmm, my settings were as follows:
FRAME SKIP: 2
8bpp
166mhz
Sound OFF
I did have the Sound ON, but the music grated on my ears after a while, and besides, the game runs faster without the dreadful odious crap potruding into my ears. The graphics in the game are quite colourful, with the basic sprites and backgrounds that scroll until you reach the end. Barbie is not that attractive in this game, and she has dreadful looking clothes too.
macbeth45jj.jpg

CONTROLS:
Quick section here I suppose..
The controls are simple. A. B. X. Y. = Jump, Throw, Hit (volleyball) et cetera. Although it's hard to control the dirty stop-out, because she refuses sometimes to jump correctly, and if she gets on TINY little drop of water on her she wades through it to the beginning of the Campsite level thing, leaving you to jump over lots of stepping stones again. And the horse mini game about jumping over pole things is hard too, hit three and your time runs out, meaning you fail.
barbievacationadventure21is.jpg

SUMMARY:
If you want a nice, slow, long loading game about a two-bit, has been hooker, then look no further than Barbie Adventure Vacation. It's the perfect mix for all of you who wonder about Barbie's view on the game world.
RESULT: 1% (Please be thoughtful of the fact that the one percent this game recieved was based on the fact that they had the courage to release this game into the public.)
P.S. Due to politcal correctness, I must quote myself when I said "You must be insane to play this game..", as when I say that, I don't mean that if you are of the homosexual variety that you are insane.. or that if you like pink that you are insane, I don't mean that at all.

Good job, that was an important review that needed to be done. ;) Now no one else need play this game, ever. Think of all the minds you've saved!

Brilliant. You made me chuckle. What on earth made you even look at game about Barbie ?

I was just knocking about on the internet and came across it, and I thought..
"Hey, maybe this time.. since feminism is more widely spread, 'Barbie Adventure Vacation' might be about Barbie with a machine gun, it would speak loudly for all the women who are sick of the being blonde, plastic tits, pink lips, pink clothes, rich boyfriends with tanned skin and sports cars stereotype! But, I was wrong. All Barbie IS interested in is clothes, horses, her boyfriend, volleyball and fun. And I thought since I was playing this on the GP32 anyway, and this was the main site of it all, why not post my findings? Alas, I guess my deep insight did not convey in the review.

Good thinking. There was a chance you could have unearthed the Mrs.Mopp of the 90's but, sadly, it was not to be. Thank you for enduring it for us. At least we have benefitted from one of the funniest reviews ever.

Yuglooc posted on Oct 22 2005 at 10:38 AM said:
This pic really Disturbs me

macbeth45jj.jpg

since when did Barbie get into Beastality?
technically it isnt barbie who's into that shit. It's Macbeth ;). It DID come from HER MIND :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 23 2005 at 01:27 AM said:
Yuglooc posted on Oct 22 2005 at 10:38 AM said:
This pic really Disturbs me

macbeth45jj.jpg

since when did Barbie get into Beastality?
technically it isnt barbie who's into that shit. It's Macbeth ;). It DID come from HER MIND :eek:

Of course not.. I didn't... :unsure: Barbie really says that. Why do you think in the news a while ago a woman had sex with a horse; when the horse got excited, the erection caused the woman to like.. s.p.l.i.t. That probably happened after this game was made. Bad Barbie, causing people to die in that horrible way..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back