Battery Drain

k3nn

A while back I bricked my '2x trying to flash 2.0.0 and sent it to ED to get fixed. While there he flashed it for me. The thing is, ever since it came back I've had big problems with batteries. The rechargeables I used to use now barely work at all! I'm forced to use alkalines, which work fine but obviously die fairly quickly.

The main problem is at boot. The initial grey/black screen always loads fine, and the bootsound plays, but then the system dies on the green loading screen --- the screen goes fuzzy etc.

This is pretty annoying, as it happens with batteries that I'd been playing fine with minutes before and still appeared as medium or even full --- I'm scared to turn my '2x off in case it won't load again! It also happens with batteries straight out of the charger, quite often :/

So yeah, I was wondering if there's an unusually high power drain when it hits the green screen, and my cheap rechargeables just can't supply the needed power. I'll buy (decent) new batteries&charger if you guys reckon that'd work, but it's a lot of money to spend if it's my unit that's not functioning properly.

I'm not sure if you are in the US but here you could just go to wal-mart and buy some good rechargeable batteries with a charger and if they did not work go back and return them. I would imagine that would be a nice way to check if its the batteries or not.

Otherwise you could send it back where you bought it and get a new one. :)

Strange I know allot of people who have mayor ploblems with their GP2X. Mine works not perfect either, but the biggest problem accurs, when I listen to music for a couple of hours. The sound get garbled after a while.

Also the "quick reboot", that I found that quite handy (hitting the 2x not to hard on the right side) doesn't need a "hit" but more a "tick"... it seems that everytime I reboot that way, the 2x gets more and more vulnarable.

NoidZ posted on Dec 8 2006 at 11:54 AM said:
Also the "quick reboot" at that I found that quite handy (hitting the 2x not to hard on the right side) doesn't need a "hit" but more a "tick"... it seems that everytime I reboot that way, the 2x gets more and more vulnarable.

Well, since the reason for the reboot is that the battery springs are a bit bent, and that they'll get a bit more bent every time you do it... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back