Battery Length

chrischapman01

Still Fresh
Not have my gp32 for long and have just started to use when on hoilday but with new batteries I have only been getting 2 hours play time.

Does anybody now how long I should get they were new batteries and I was playing scumm engine without out the backlight on.

I have spoken to GBAX and they have said 2 hours is about right with a backlit gp32 I thought I would get more

Cheers

I think it all depends on what you're doing, e.g. FRONTLIGHT (when will people get it right? :huh: ) on will of course last less time then if the frontlight was not on.
Some emulators may also take more batterry power.

There are two versions of scumm - one clocks to 132, the other to something higher. Both versions will drain your batteries faster than slower programs. If you are using the fast version, try the 132 one instead.

My GP32 only lasted maximum 1 hour with duracell batteries, So I bought some rechargeable Nimh, and now I get at least 3 hours with FLU. :) often more.

That seems an awfully short amount of time my non-flu does 12 hours on the mp3 player with a good set of batteries it lasts for just ages on even 133mhz software i would have thought battery comsumption would have been the same with the flu off

My non-FLU also lasts about 12 hours ... it's hard to say because I usually don't play for more than 30-60 minutes at a time, but they seem to last me around two weeks or so at that pace.

Radio Shack had rechargable batteries cheaper than regular ones with a free recharger, so that's where I got mine. They take a while to charge but the charger does 4 at a time and I bought like 20 batteries so I always have a few charged ones stashed away. I also have an A/C Adapter for my GP32 so if the batteries are low I just find a place to deck in to. Recently when my wife had minor surgery I was in the waiting room for two hours, so I just moved to a chair near an outlet and plugged right in!

Back