Battery Low Notification?

trayvyz

Still Fresh
I know the Wiz has a low battery notification but it seems that it's only visible when in the menu. And I don't really think anyone uses their Wiz only to stare at the menu... It would be cool to implement a tone, or a little flashing battery up on the right corner that can override applications (like emulators for example) and appear no matter what you are running so that you can save your game before the battery dies out. I've lost some gampeplay time when my Wiz just dropped dead from low battery and I didn't even have time to save state.

Win2x has this feature. The screen starts blinking when the battery is low, no matters if you are playing or in the menu. Maybe could be a way to implement this utility to the default frontend.

Sorry for my sad english.

raindog said:
Win2x has this feature. The screen starts blinking when the battery is low, no matters if you are playing or in the menu. Maybe could be a way to implement this utility to the default frontend.

Sorry for my sad english.

I don't like the blinking light feature on Win2X. It makes any app I'm running "stutter" with the blinking, which I find really annoying. Also, even with the brightness on the lowest setting, it's still flickering it to a higher brightness, which theoretically decreases the battery FASTER. It's a good idea, but poorly implemented.

Last edited by a moderator:
You maybe right, but it is useful as advice. I don't play when the screen goes like this, i plug the wiz to the pc or save the game and turn off the console till i can charge the battery. I think that´s the use for that feature.

Win2X looks cool but I have no intention of fiddling with my Wiz right now. I'm still running fw 1.1.0 and I think it's going to be like that for some time, until flashing anything else is completely demystified and bug-free. I was wondering if it's possible to implement such a feature in the native frontend. It should have been implemented by GPH in the first place. Is it just me who finds this necessary?

It certainly is a needed feature. The win2x sounds like a great feature.

Myself, I am working on making my games auto-save their progress so that you can continue should it turn off in the middle of a game. That way i can play the game all the way to completely empty :) Like many/some games/apps on the iPhone. I mean, the Wiz is a portable device running on batteries. It is my opinion that the designer should take this into consideration, so the player doesn't get that frustrating moment of loosing all his progress.

EDIT: Does anyone have any thoughts on the auto-save feature? E.g. filesystem corruption, etc.? (I hope this is not hijacking the thread, it seems a valid solution to the problem).

/Uni

It was in the GPH interface originally, I don't know about now - maybe look in the settings and see if it is still there hidden away? "Low Bettery"!

Back