Been Away, What Did I Miss? Alot!

Amon_Re

Hey folks!

Can someone quickly tell me all the things i missed? What's the craignator? (Spellling?) Is the F200 worth buying? Any other developments i missed?

Holy crap... erm. You missed a lot. If you do not know what the craiginator is, allow me to explain: THE UBER GP2X!!!

Imagine a handheld with an Omap chipset inside, OpenGL ES and a touchscreen, microphone, lithium-ion battery, slide out keyboard and analog stick aswell as d-pad.
That's the craiginator. Nothing more has been revealed as of yet though. Everyone is anticipating the first fact-sheet and some pictures. Have a look here:
http://craiginator.bluwiki.com/

The F200 seems worth getting, but there is not much software supporting the touchscreen yet. So it seems like it's basically an F100 with a touchscreen that is hardly being used yet. I bought one but it's still on it's way.

xnopasaranx said:
Holy crap... erm. You missed a lot. If you do not know what the craiginator is, allow me to explain: THE UBER GP2X!!!

Imagine a handheld with an Omap chipset inside, OpenGL ES and a touchscreen, microphone, lithium-ion battery, slide out keyboard and analog stick aswell as d-pad.
That's the craiginator. Nothing more has been revealed as of yet though. Everyone is anticipating the first fact-sheet and some pictures. Have a look here:
http://craiginator.bluwiki.com/

Sounds sweet! Will be getting one :D

The F200 seems worth getting, but there is not much software supporting the touchscreen yet. So it seems like it's basically an F100 with a touchscreen that is hardly being used yet. I bought one but it's still on it's way.

Don't care much about touchscreens, does it have any other advantages over the F100 except the joypad? Better overclocking? Power handling? Does it still go nuts when plugging in the PSU?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I don't know about the PSU issue... that is actually worth finding out as it is annoying the heck out of me when using my F100.

I think there are no real improvements over the F100. Actually more of the opposite as they have taken out NAND access and usb networking which is pretty shit. Not everyone uses or needs them but still, why would you remove those features?

Well... I am getting my F200 for collecting purposes and also I think there are some interesting possibilities with the touchscreen.

I am also getting the craiginator when it come out. I have always been hoping for a device like that.

Back