Best Ds Game For Adults

b._.o._.b

I'm looking for some good games for a DS for my brother. He has been operated and will have to keep rest for a while.
I'd like to give him some games for his DS to keep him occupied for a while. Looking for titles that are suited for adults.
No kiddy stuff, no complex rules and no rpg's.

He likes pinball and I guess he might also like something as a realistic 3d racing game (is that available for the ds?)
I think something as bejeweled would be fun as well.

All suggestions appreciated.

Adult?

http://flamewaradvance.blogspot.com/2007/0...-it-begins.html

OH. That kind of Adult?

Metroid Prime Hunters could be fun.
Trackmania DS, if that is out yet
Mario 64 DS. Srsly, It might be a bit kiddy, but will last you HOOOUURRRSSSS.
Mario Kart DS
TETRIS MOTHER FUCKING DS

I'm sure there's more, but that's good for a start.

Hope your brother has a speed recovery!

Metroid Prime Pinball is utterly fantastic!
Also, try the Legend of Kage 2, and the thing plays GBA games as well, so maybe Gunstar Future Heroes and Astro Boy: Omega Factor.

Thanks guys, some great ones!

I think he will love Metroid Prime Pinball and Resident Evil!
Metroid Hunter looks great, but I think the controls will take too much time to learn and will not keep his interest.

Any racing games without Mario?

Grid is an ok racing game without Mario or karts or anything like that. Korg DS-10 isn't really a game, but it's pretty fun to fuck around with and the basics are pretty easy to pick up. The Castlevania games are pretty good. Puzzle Quest is a really solid puzzle game in the Bejeweled style, but if he doesn't like RPG's he may balk at those elements of the game. Also, Dementium and Call of Duty 4 are decent FPSes, though admittedly I haven't played them that much, and if you don't think he can grok MP:H, he will probably struggle with them as well.

Edit: Missed this.
TwoHeadedBoy said:
and the thing plays GBA games as well, so maybe Gunstar Future Heroes and Astro Boy: Omega Factor.
I will second these, they are both really good games. I also liked GTA Advance, but I'm in the minority on that one. Other great GBA games are Super Dodge Ball, the Metroid games, the Zelda games, River City Ransom, and Super Puzzle Fighter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Touch The Dead (also I reccomend find second player, since the Dead touchs player more...)
There soon will be Moon (from renegade kid, developer of dementium) and C.O.R.E. (but I hope that your brother will find proper Cleric faster)
Rub Rabbits: Feel The Magic
Much games that is one leg inside hentai is only in japan (like Doki_Doki_Majo_Shinpa)

For adult controls there is Populius DS and Settlers 2

MechAssault:phantom War
Tank Beat (Tank Battle)

Also neat Tower Defence games like Lock's Quest and NinjaTown

Freedom Wings is a nice easy flying tacktics game (reminds of tactic mode in Blue Max, but realtime)

I strongly recommend Civilization Revolution!!! Even though civ games are usually long and complicated, the DS version is surprisingly easy to pick up and also good for a quick game if you play it on easy.

Also consider getting puzzle quest DS. It contains rpg elements but those are more of a bonus. The interesting part is the puzzles. I could spend hours playing this and I imagine this would be an awesome game to kill time in hospital.

Also: I hope your bro gets well soon!

Just saw that Trackmania got released in Europe. It's a racing game that's not kiddy, and it's gotten decent reviews apparently. And there's a new Metal Slug game for DS.

GunPei2X said:
Metroid Prime Pinball seconded.

And don't forget to add a rumble pack. This is one of the few games that support it and it actually adds something to the gameplay. Rumble packs are dirt cheap nowadays so there's no reason not to add it.

Btw. a flash cart makes it easier for you to decide which games to play...

And don't forget to add a rumble pack

My Metroid Prime Pinball came with the rumble pack in the box (it goes in the GBA slot), I just assumed it was for that game only :)

What other titles support it?

Elite Beat Agents: very addictive, but can be frustrating because even in normal mode it's shockingly hard.

Goity said:
Elite Beat Agents: very addictive, but can be frustrating because even in normal mode it's shockingly hard.
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS.

Trying to get through it on 3 third difficulty at the moment, hard as stone, nearing the end though

Back