Best Ever Retro Finds

Mark

Boris Johnson: Cuddly Conservative
Website
www.gp-magazine.org.uk
I'm an active retro collector (Mainly Nintendo, esp. N64) and have had some rather nice finds in my time, including...

Rocket: Robot On Wheels : £9.99
Starwing Competition Cart PAL : £3.99
Neo Geo Pocket Color Games, all £5 each
Master System and 4 games, £1.50

You?

It isn't so good, but it's my best (only bought 2 retro games anyways :p): Super Mario Bros 1 for 1EUR (+4.50 shipping).

Atari 2600, 2 gamepads, 4 games -> 8 €
Atari 7800 (boxed), 4 gamepads, 15 games -> 30 €
Intellivision, 2 gamepads, 30 games -> 35 €
Fallout 2 (PC game, brand-new, original box and edition) -> 15 €
Not me but a friend of mine: original Pong game (not a remake, the first one with analogic buttons) ,broken but repaired for 3 € -> 1.5 €

Sega CD with 8 games for $20(US Dollars). Lunar 2 now thats a good game to get with that. Id probably be able to get $20 for it alone. Too bad I cant get the first game for Sega CD cheap.

EDIT: I also got Fallout 2 with box and guide for only $12 US. Fantastic Game. Very fun, and I love all the different events you can do especially since its unique(for its time) that many are adult oriented. Then again I havent really seen a game with such adult oriented situations since then.

Not really retro yet, but I got a Dreamcast with 36 games, two controllers and a VMU for £20 at a carboot sale... the person selling it thought he was being really clever 'cause it wasn't working, but I opened it up, blew out a vast quantity of dust, and it worked just fine!

SNES with Super Mario World and one controller (looked like a truck hit it, but it worked :D ) : €2.15
One Famicom clone(dead, hope I can fix it) with a 71in1 cart, and three C64 tapes : €2.15

All on the same day, pretty sweet... :D

EDIT: I also got Fallout 2 with box and guide for only $12 US. Fantastic Game. Very fun, and I love all the different events you can do especially since its unique(for its time) that many are adult oriented. Then again I havent really seen a game with such adult oriented situations since then.
Yeah, that's the best RPG ever. The feature I like the most is that in fact you can do whatever you want: you think that a mission suck? Don't do it. A NPC is annoying? Sell him as a slave.
Sometimes I even forget about the missions :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked Fallout 1 better. Probably because Fallout 2 was full of bugs and I couldn't be bothered to DL the bugfix patch. Which was huge at the time, I only had a 55K modem :D . I did get quite far into the game, but gave up when all of a sudden after returning from a mission I found the car trunk, but my car was gone :D I couldn’t drive but I could open the trunk. So I gave up since I didn’t have a backup save… <_<

I liked Fallout 1 better. Probably because Fallout 2 was full of bugs and I couldn't be bothered to DL the bugfix patch. Which was huge at the time, I only had a 55K modem :D . I did get quite far into the game, but gave up when all of a sudden after returning from a mission I found the car trunk, but my car was gone :D I couldn’t drive but I could open the trunk. So I gave up since I didn’t have a backup save… <_<
Are you sure you werent just out of gas? Thats happened to me a few times and I could only open the trunk until I fill it up with fuel.

i have found Ultima 5 for the c64 compleet whit map + box for 2.50 euro:p
and WonderSwan Color + FF1 FF1 brand new for 50 euro :D on www.marktplaats.nl

and Samba da amigo (usa) game + da orignaal Samba stick's + mat :D

Last week i saw a copy of super mario world and yoshi's island, for just 99p each.

Had I money, i would have bought them, and my mate didn't listen to me when i said they were worth something.

How much are they worth?

Oh yeah, and a Super WildCard DX 32 (uber SNES backup device) for a tenner. Thats was pretty nifty.

Oh, and buying out every single NeoGeo Pocket game from the local shop when I heard on the grapevine that they were being pulled... I've now got multiple copies of Evolution, Picture Puzzle, Last Blade, Dive Alert, Dynamite Slugger and (read it and weep) FIVE copies of Faselei :D

Are you sure you werent just out of gas? Thats happened to me a few times and I could only open the trunk until I fill it up with fuel.
Nope, the car graphics were actually missing, apart from the trunk graphics... looked really odd... :D And I couldn't use the car, so I had to leave all stuff in the trunk behind...

Back