Best SNES / Genesis shoot-em-ups

Twinbee

Tales From The Big Room
Website
Visit site
I have to admit, I'm a huge shmup fan. There's absolutely nothing like performing a flawless run through Radiant Silvergun, Soukyugurentai, even Cotton and Salamander on the X68000.

Unfortunately, my knowledge of shoot-em-ups on Genesis and SNES are somewhat lacking, being more of a retro arcade fan and Saturn fan than anything else. So, I was wondering what the best shoot-em-ups were on either console. I already have Gradius III for SNES, and Thunderforce IV for Genesis.

Thanks in advance :D

my favourite shoot-em-ups are r-type and thunderforce, they do the work very fine ;D!

edit: if in opensnes it doesn't works... try with r-type running on the PCengine emu!

The best shoot em up i've played for SNES is Super Earth Defense Force, awesome graphics, awesome weapons, awesome everything, there are very good visuals in this game, like lvl 4 when you are flying past all of those large battle ships and you do flybys by them, awesome, trust me you won't be disappointed on this one.

By the way, if you want to play r-type on snes, download the beta version, it works, but it has graphical errors on the second release.

Genesis - Zero Wing (All your base are belong to us!!! :D )
Snes - Axelay

Try Pc-Engine emu... LOTS of shotters!

Doesn't axelay freeze on OpenSnes?

Contra Hard Corps rocked on Gens, though I prefered the Probotector version myself.

And yes, the PC Engine had a lot of great shoot-em-ups on it. Shame there's no CD image support. lol.

SAPPHIRE BABY! :D

Edit: Zero Wing was a bit poor.

I already have. :)

I used to be an absolutely huge PC Engine fan. Which brings me to another question. Does GPEngine support the SGX roms?

ok :)
I was wondering since your name is twinbee...

Twinbee with 2 persons is nice, too

And no, no sgx roms. There are only 4 sgx games anyway.

Back