Beta [beta] Tile Massacre SHMUP

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is Tile Massacre SHMUP.

It's a small arcade game, in 2 phases, where you first shoot on Tiles that will then become the level of phase 2.

post-5182-0-17605200-1409602954.png

The game is using glshim.

It's fully working except on CC model, where is just crash (for me).

I tried many combinaison of drivers / swapfiles for the same result.

*EDIT* seems it was not a driver/hardware issue after all, but a well hidden missing lib. I fixed the package, should work now.

Being not sure what to do next, I put it here in a beta section instead of the repo.

Please give some feedback.

preview1.png

preview4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Argh. So this is a problem with CC Pandoras?

Never could have figured that out. Thanks for trying :)

There is not much different that the SGX and CPU revision.

First attempt doesn't work on my GHz either.  I'll have to try again next time I reboot.

I get a bunch of glXGetProcAddress not founds, then a heap of ALSA errors. then finally an invalid pointer crash.

First attempt doesn't work on my GHz either.  I'll have to try again next time I reboot.

I get a bunch of glXGetProcAddress not founds, then a heap of ALSA errors. then finally an invalid pointer crash.
Hmmm, I got that on my CC (some mmap issue), but on my Gigahertz with the 4.03.00.02 version drivers, I have no issues (the glXProcAdress and ALSA errors are normal error).

As this is only 2D blitting, you could try lunixbochs tinygles software renderer.

Might be more compatible.

As this is only 2D blitting, you could try lunixbochs tinygles software renderer.

Might be more compatible.
Yeah may be. I'll probably triy later.

But I'm surprised with the differents behavours. May be I have a memory leak/corruption somewhere, or some uninitialized something somewhere... I have to try find out what's happening.

Hi. I downloaded the .pnd and as usual I had to restart the pandora to see TileMassacre appear on desktop (why doesn't my pandora update desktop or menu?)

Ran it on my Rebirth - crashed. Ran it from terminal and it said

Code:
Starting the application ( runscript.sh  )*** glibc detected *** bin/TileMassacreSHMUP: munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer: 0x40018660 ***
======= Backtrace: ========
/lib/libc.so.6[0x40946024]
/lib/ld-linux.so.3[0x4005719c]
======= Memory Map: ======
lots of stuff
Starting the application ( runscript.sh  )           [ FAILED]
Restoring the frame buffer status                    [SUCCESS]
uMount the PND                                       [SUCCESS]

Oh OK. So definetly something wrong with my PND. I have to double check everything.

Thanks everyone for testing.

So, I have updated the Link. Pease try again, it should work now :)

The issue was a lib (libnss_nis.so.2) that was fetch at the start (for what?) and unload... So I didn't see the dependancie when making the PND (I used a strace to see the error).

Works fine on my 512MB pandora! Pretty fun. Haven't solved the first level yet :-(

Except for the warning that it will not run, it runs perfectly on my CC Pandora now.

Cleared? Not even done level 1 properly yet. Passed? I've made it to level 3 so far.

I have only made it to level 2 while actually trying to match the pictures though.

Cleared? Not even done level 1 properly yet. Passed? I've made it to level 3 so far.

I have only made it to level 2 while actually trying to match the pictures though.
Thanks Levi, now I don't feel quite so bad about my meagre gaming skills. :)

Back