Better Ways To Upload Files To Smc?

fdave

Final Dave
Website
www.finalburn.com
Hi folks,

After my SMC died and I reformetted, I've reuploaded my roms, but I was wondering is there a way to get around the 8.3 filename limitation?

And also is there anyway to speed up the transfer? I'm using Gamepark's PC-Link, which I think is pretty rubbish - it doesn't multitask very well, seems very slow, and doesn't let you drag and drop. Plus it orders files very strangely - not by name or even by date by the look of it. And if a file has a space it stops transferring everything. very frustrating to use the thing

I'm interested in GPDrive, but is there a web-site to download the latest version?(0.5?)

Dave.

V3X posted on May 30 2004 at 09:13 AM said:
try using a gpmanager or a smc reader/writer ;)

not much luck with gpdrive or phodrive - both quite unstable and transfers at about the same speed. But there is source code for GPDrive!

Do you have a link to download GPManager?

Last edited by a moderator:
fdave posted on May 30 2004 at 11:17 AM said:
not much luck with gpdrive or phodrive - both quite unstable and transfers at about the same speed.
cant say ive ever encountered these problems. speed is amazing (at least 15x better than pclink) and ive never had it be unstable.

OMFG! after u download the link i posted earlier and unzip it look in the image folder and i garrentee u will drool. i almost drowned when i saw theese

SHIT! posted wrong link, heres the new 1 ;)

www.gp32news.com/gp32news/utils/gp32manager/GPManager.zip

:eek:

The yellow one looks particularly bad. Not worth drooling over...but hopefully there'll be something to distinguish our leet import GP32s from Euro ones :D

V3X posted on May 30 2004 at 11:47 AM said:
OMFG! after u download the link i posted earlier and unzip it look in the image folder and i garrentee u will drool. i almost drowned when i saw theese
i dont get it. theyre horrible

bringoutthegimp posted on May 30 2004 at 10:38 AM said:
fdave posted on May 30 2004 at 11:17 AM said:
not much luck with gpdrive or phodrive - both quite unstable and transfers at about the same speed.
cant say ive ever encountered these problems. speed is amazing (at least 15x better than pclink) and ive never had it be unstable.

hmmm - that's unusual... i'll have to try it again sometime. do you find both gpdrive 0.5 and phodrive 0.1 work as good as each other?

hey fdave, I have used gpdrive on 2 computer...I cant for the life of me get it to transfer big files on one computer. on the other there is no problems. I dont even remeber what error messages I was getting but it was on the pc end. Sooo..I dont know what makes it work for some and not for others.

SMC reader has to be the way to go - don't think I've connected my Gp to a PC, since I got my Card reader, which stays attached to my PC at all times - no setup needed, no special progs, just use explorer..

Oh, and by using the card reader you can transfer files with any names you like - BUT they will be "read" by the gp32_console as 8.3 - so file names will look like they've changed...

Argon0

Only problem with GPdrive is if you forget to press select after you have finished transferring. THan you get corrupted files.
Rob

Back