Bizarre crowd funding failure video

They set up a corporate account and then only a part of the money gets transferred? That's highly suspicious to say the least.
It seems a bit convenient to blame it all on one guy, not saying he doesn't deserve the blame but the other guy does not seem all that sincere to me.

As for the fraud. I hear him say that he is sorry, but words are empty and cannot be a proper apology. Act!
If he is truly sorry then he should sell his house and return the money instead.

It seems a bit convenient to blame it all on one guy, not saying he doesn't deserve the blame but the other guy does not seem all that sincere to me.

I think they should have never published the video - it seems like 'the victim' is overacting and it makes them both look untruthful - he might be sincere though. The facts on his last post on their kickstarter page paints a better picture imo.

[edit] Unfortunately not possible to directly link to the last comment...

To be honest. That is only making it worse.

I just have a feeling that Rylan guy is lying his ass off. I am not saying he is as I obviously have no proof of it. It just feels fishy.

Glad I don't have any money riding on this.

Oh the $100 3D printer I remember hearing about that when they where collecting donations. Sad to see it go down like this. I hope they find a new way. But I would not donate to them again :p and I honestly have little hope for them now.
I worked as a volunteer at a STD-privation organisation here in Sweden. And different departments gets funding from the goverment and that can be quite a lot of money. I remember hearing a case where someone came in, they trusted them with the money to quickly and boom, the money was gone and the person was no where to be seen. It's really sad to see this happened. Honestly why don't they sue this David fellow? Force him to sell his house and give back the money? He basically admitted anyways.

It's really sad to see this happened. Honestly why don't they sue this David fellow? Force him to sell his house and give back the money? He basically admitted anyways.

That is probably going to happen anyway (see quote from the comment section on kickstarter in the spoiler). Still think the story of Rylan could be true, if that is the case he still failed in managing this correctly and reporting David immediately to the authorities. Depending on the local laws he might get a penalty for that as well.

What Can I do about This?
The Police would like to hear from you. They have asked me if there are any backers that they can talk to. It is very important that the police and policy makers of Canada hear directly from you, that this is a problem you want them to take seriously. I have written an open letter to the police, and I hope you will too. Here is the open letter that I wrote, and here is a list of emails which you can address your letter to:

dean.gulka@police.saskatoon.sk.ca - Sargent Gulka is the Police Officer heading this Investigation.

PoliceService@Saskatoon.ca - email of our local police department.

jus.minister@gov.sk.ca - Justice Minister of Saskatchewan

casano@NCFACanada.org - National Crowdfunding Association of Canada.

Please CC info@peachyprinter.com to your letter, and put ‘Letter of Concern from a Peachy Printer Backer’ in the subject line. This will allow us to collect each letter, and ensure that they are brought to proper attention.

You can also help us decide what to do next by answering the survey at the end of the update.

Someone mentioned in the comments that they managed to raise enough funds from additional grants to replace the embezzled money. Yet they still failed...

Also:
d89798bb2e43a7bdd22195f71edecde6_original.png

Does anyone else find it weird that 71.3% of the funds they did get was spend on "Wages, Contractors & Expense Reimbursements". Seems like a pretty vague category which maybe should've been broken down further. It could well be that most of the money was payed as wages to themselves...

Someone mentioned in the comments that they managed to raise enough funds from additional grants to replace the embezzled money. Yet they still failed...
Who's to say without the embezzlement they couldn't have raised those additional funds.

Also:
d89798bb2e43a7bdd22195f71edecde6_original.png

Does anyone else find it weird that 71.3% of the funds they did get was spend on "Wages, Contractors & Expense Reimbursements". Seems like a pretty vague category which maybe should've been broken down further. It could well be that most of the money was payed as wages to themselves...
Maybe they are that qualified and need to pay themselves accordingly.

Quite more interesting I found, that in the second video posted in their latest backers update "In your face - with backers" they talk about all that already bought stuff, we cannot see. Damn those stationary interview cameras.

Plus, what's also asked in the KS comments. Sth. like "You say you've got it right, it works. Why don't you show us?"

Back