Release blender 3d app and winuae

alex_uk

Still Fresh
hi, everyone. how are you.

is it possible to get blender 'www.blender.org' on pandora its open source.

and how about running winuae 'www.winuae.net' amiga os its open source is well.

This was discussed in the old forum, and yes there are several developers eyeballing the prospect. More likely than not you will see a port.

Blender was already mentioned in the old forum, I think it`s pretty certain it will get ported

now as to winuae, theres no way they will port WINuae, cos it`s a Linux os, not a Micro$oft one (the WIN prefix means windows), but they already ported UAE to the Pandora (and it runs full speed) so you WILL get your Amiga fix :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwuI6_zCjxY

p&|a :oops:

Hobbyman

thanks for that info guys. :D

so everything can be possible if you have the source code and have the time as well.

I understand developers do this for hobby/fun and not get payed for it. i'm learning c++ at the moment i now how hard is it to re-compile from one os to another and changing alot of functions or making your own ones.

yes, i am serious :D

correct me if im wrong, pandora would be the first to have 3d app on handheld's no?

What? I remember when Hi-resolution was 640x480. People still found a way to get things done.
The GUI has to be re-jigged granted, but something usable could be done, granted it won't be as usable as Blender on a desktop or laptop computer.

The Blender interface is customized very easily and can accommodate for an 800x480 resolution.

plus you can plug Pandora into your living room tv, fire up Blender and play about making models and levels for games :D

blender should be ok on the Pandora, I used to spend a lot of time using Real3D on the Amiga, the Amiga didn`t have the resolution of the Pandora OR the CPU speed OR the colour depth for renders OR the memory, so why would it be a problem to use a similar 3D application on a more powerful computer?

Hobbyman

p&|a :oops:

those good old days with amiga real3d,cinema 4d,lightwave, sas/c,stormc... i love them all.

and yet still amiga is not dead it has new os 4.1 and new hardware is still fighting.. i love amiga.

i was going to ask for lightwave or cinema 4d, but those apps are not open source.

Hells_Dark said:
Are you serious ? You want to use blender on a such small screen ?
It's ok for gaming, internet, video & a lot more.. but.. Blender ? :huh:
I have a friend who happily runs Blender on his original EeePC, which has a screen resolution of... 800x480. (Models on the EeePC, renders on his desktop.)
So yeah, as long as the software can be made to run well (and you have good eyesight), Blender should be usable on the Pandora.
In fact, I'd say the combination of touchscreen and gaming controls might even make modelling on the Pandora easier in some ways...

Would be pretty good actually

The resolution for it is pretty good, considering the size of the screen, and I would definitely use it on the Pandora.
Also, people who use Blender on their PC's frequently could continue their work on the Pandora whenever they need to travel, would be handy to show off your models to that guy you always see at the bus stop on the way to work heh.

Back