Blix32

Alex.

Retired
Blix32 is a remake of Nick Kouvaris's flash game Blix. The goal is to form columns of same-coloured tiles by scrolling the three rows. Each scroll costs 2 moves, and each cleared column wins you 1 move. The game ends when you run out of moves.

Download Blix32 from the GP32 archive

blixgp32.jpg
blix2x-pic0-516.png

This is a port of the GP2X version, Blix2x. Many thanks to everyone involved in devkitARM and to Chui for his excellent SDL libs!

I may backport some of my other GP2X games in the future, so stay tuned. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Blix2x is one of my faves in Gp2x. It's simple, it's quick to play, it's fun. I'm sure that people with GP32 will thank you as much as I do.

Indeed - whilst I rarely use my GP32 anymore, new games for it are always welcome, especially when they're as good as yours tend to be :).

Nice game!

One thing - when the game finished, i thought it locked up as it stayed stuck for a good 30 seconds or so? It then said after the pause that I got a high score.

It is saving to the SMC?

Thanks for the comments :) The GP32 is a great system, I wonder what will come from that revival competition I heard of earlier this year.

slaanesh: 30 seconds? On the 16MB card I had it only takes 1-2 seconds, but I remember write operations take longer on the larger cards. I'm likely writing to it the wrong way (fwrite), I saw some specific SMC routines which I'll look into and see if the speed improves.

Yey! More GP32 stuff!!!

I am wondering about the revival compo too. I haven't start coding my entry. I wonder if there are some other entries already or who is working on it..

I updated the file in the archive to fix the issues. Thank you kindly for all your comments, I'm glad there are still a couple of GP32 users left here :)

- fixed long delay after getting a hiscore
- improved running speed, runs the same as on GP2X
- set clock to 40MHz
- brighter graphics, to look better on the GP32 screen
- fixed the FXE's icon, it had a messy palette
- improved menu/exit controls

Nice one Alex, It will be great to actually try something you have coded, As i have read some wonderful comments regarding what you have produced for the GP2x.

As a non GP2x owning GP32 owner :rolleyes: , I will actually get the chance to sample some of those delights.

Thank you very much. :)

Trooper

Hey, just letting you know that the final version of Blix32 has been approved in the archive. It fixes a small glitch, displays a message while the hiscore is saved, and makes installation simpler (and less of a hassle with GP Manager).

Thank you for your comments!

Back