Blocked, Release A Few Days Away

Quiest

I like turtles!
I`m currently working on Blocked, a remake of the game Ununicum by TONYPA.

The game is about to be done, I just need to add some menus, a highscore list,
and I`m also working on a simple MP3/OGG player, so you can listen to your own
music when playing the game :)

To the main point of my post:
The game will feature selectable graphic sets, and as I`m very bad
at making graphics, I could need some help on this.

Anyone around that would like to make one or two?

love to.

are you back then?

edit: I see your sig has changed. very glad, I love extender to death (my high score is 7239000!!)

how large (resolution, #x#)
how many different kinds of blocks?

Back? If you mean that I haven`t released anything since a long time, then yes, maybe :D
I started a lot of projects, but also couldnt finish much of them yet, sometimes also due to
the hardware limits of the 2X (tho I hope I can speed up a few things in Se.B.S to make it run properly).

And I`m still workin on some new minigames for the Minigame Project ^^

Template

Quiest said:
Back? If you mean that I haven`t released anything since a long time, then yes, maybe :D
I started a lot of projects, but also couldnt finish much of them yet, sometimes also due to
the hardware limits of the 2X (tho I hope I can speed up a few things in Se.B.S to make it run properly).

And I`m still workin on some new minigames for the Minigame Project ^^

Template

errr, so just draw in the tiles?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can make some tilesets if you like. What sort of thing are you after Quiest? I'm guessing from the template each skin has 4 tiles and a background image - is that correct?

That is correct, you can go for whatever you want. 4 tiles and 1 background.
The brown area in the center is the playfield (not skinable).

Thanks in advance ^^
Once I got the menus working, I`ll send whoever made me a skin a beta of the game to test out and see how the skin looks :)

Arg! This shows how unprofessional I am :( there is something missing on the template! a little space reserved for the score >_<

I`m really really sorry for this, I hope you are in the mood to update the skins you sent me, it won`t need much... sorry again :(

I updated the link in the first post.

Hey, yeah, take a look at the link in the first post again, it updated now. :)

Quick infos: The mp3/ogg player is now just an ogg player :D Fenix does not support mp3 playing... ah well, atleast it works (up to ten songs, as I was to lazy to make a scrollable playlist :p)
I`m putting a simple menu together now for skin changing, and the upload and send all of you nice people who made me skins the link :)

Thanks. Is the score area ignored by the engine and just appear as a black rectangle. Just need to know how to go about skinning that part.

Thanks. If you PM me your email I'll send you all three in a zip when i'm done.

Ah ruckage, please, you are too fast :D Stop for a minute! The black rectangle just looks like shit. I placed the scoreblock 8 pixels higher now, sow you can skin around it... will make things looks better!

Is 8 pixels final as I'm now re-doing the same skin for the third time - have to be quick with me around ;)

Quiest said:
yes final :) sorry for the trouble! I`m really ashamed.
No probs. Finished updating them :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey people :) Last chance to do some skins :D I think I will need atleast till Friday to release the game, not quite sure (depends on how much work I have to do this week)

EDIT: Now that the compo is anounced I would like to hold back the release till after the compo... Ruckage, Saehn, is it fine with you that I keep your graphic sets in there for entering in the compo?

Back