Blockland Pandora

paulguy

Website
paulguy.co.uk
I was bored so I put together a Pandora in Blockland. :D It's based on the render on the front page. It's mostly rough and I got a bit lazy on the screen part, and also didn't put anything on the screen (yet) but I think it's kinda neat.

blockland00001h.png

Attachments

• blockland00001h.png
    blockland00001h.png
    491.5 KB · Views: 84
those nubs looks cheap, im gonna have to rethink my preorder if those are an accurate depiction, whats my order number?

DaMummy said:
those nubs looks cheap, im gonna have to rethink my preorder if those are an accurate depiction, whats my order number?

I salute you, sir, for adding a bit of freshness to this meme.

Last edited by a moderator:
keaft said:
keaft said:
WoD said:
Mithrildor said:
Minecraft > Blockland

Damn you! I Googled Minecraft and lost 3 days of my life!

Yeah me too....

Are we going to have to get a panda team minecraft game going or something?

Hell yes. I've been playing on the World of Minecraft servers, where I'm now a Designer. See Badlands for my Tie Fighter.

I want the freakin' source for a native Pandora port. As much as I'd like to think the Java version will run on Pandora with a recompile of all the required native libs (openal, jinput, lwjgl) (although the latter, I don't think has an OpenGL ES version) I don't think it'll perform too well. Ran like a dog on my netbook.

WoD said:
Hell yes. I've been playing on the World of Minecraft servers, where I'm now a Designer. See Badlands for my Tie Fighter.

I want the freakin' source for a native Pandora port. As much as I'd like to think the Java version will run on Pandora with a recompile of all the required native libs (openal, jinput, lwjgl) (although the latter, I don't think has an OpenGL ES version) I don't think it'll perform too well. Ran like a dog on my netbook.
I've tried the "game" Minecraft. Nice Concept and interesting graphic Style but I wouldn't buy it at the current state. There is alot to doo until it really is a game. Building is nice but Ican do actualy the same and more with the Cube2 Engine, even Multiplayer-Level Editing.
And I don't know why but this little "neraly zero Graphic" Minecraft has a overall 50% Processor load onto my Core 2 Quad! :blink: :ph34r: I don't know what they've coded but it can't be very optimized in any way. So I doubt it will ever run onto the Pandora, at least not with the current engine.

It's rendering millions of cubes which all adds up at 6polys each. I guess its down to poor occlusion culling and, possibly, it being written in java. But, yes, it's a dog to run, particularly on a populated server. But it's a hell of a lot of fun.

Here's hoping for some optimisation soon.

Back