Release Bluetooth file receiving daemon

slaeshjag

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
A quick zenity-hack wrapped around obexpushd. Configuration option *might* appear in menu (doesn't on my pandora.) If not, remove appdata/btrecv and it'll ask for directory to save files in next time you toggle enabled/disabled.

1/5-11 - Updated with some dialogs etc, now it asks if you want to receive the file and also shows a progressbar

2/5-11 - Bugfix; you can now configure incoming directory, and the PND will now be unmounted after toggling, so that it won't hang on to one of the precious loopback devices.

3/5-11 - Added a information dialog that informs about what the directory selection dialog will do; but only when there is no previous configuration.

»» Download ««

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers slaeshjag, works perfectly :)

Creates an entry 'menu>system>toggle bluetooth file receiving' and once on and paired, it received several files first time.

As it also temp stores the files in 'filesystem>mnt>utmp>btrecv' until rebooting, is it possible receiving large files might be an issue if people are booting from the NAND and are low on space?

Many thanks

As it also temp stores the files in 'filesystem>mnt>utmp>btrecv' until rebooting, is it possible receiving large files might be an issue if people are booting from the NAND and are low on space?

Storing files in that folder means they end upp in the appdata directory. Though files should be stored in the folder the user selects without the need to reboot. Will check my scripts.

I think Notaz's improved Wi-fi driver and Wizardstan's improved battery charging could also make it in.

I think Notaz's improved Wi-fi driver and Wizardstan's improved battery charging could also make it in.

Battery and charging will be the major thing for HF6, yes :)
Thanks ED. I am waiting for the day when I won't have to be afraid to leave my Pandora plugged into the wall all the time.

I hope you guys also have time to fix the flickering icons & unresponsive start menu after you close any program; this bug was introduced in HF5 and is the most annoying bug there is on the Pandora right now.

sebt3 says:

I think the blinking is also probably related to why the start menu freezes for a few seconds after closing a program, since HF5.
Thanks, you got it : when pnd_run.sh un-mount the PND, the system send an event pndnotifyd catch as something to force a rescan.

You'll have your bug fixed if you send enough diapers to skeezix :D

I'm not sure where to buy the diapers, though... :blink:

Its Off-Topic for this thread, but ED do you think you could get the snd-aloop.ko module in HF6 as well? This would help set up the capability for multi-client ALSA audio apps to be running simultaneously ..

Back