Bluetooth issues...

DAP

I have a GPS, Qstarz BT-Q818XT that is supposed to connect though bluetooth. Sometimes it connects on the 1st attempt, today I went through more than 30 attempts including rebooting the pandora, power cycling the GPS, stopping & starting bluetooth multiple times each before I got a connection. This with the devices 6" apart.

My PS3 never seems to have any trouble talking to its controllers over bluetooth, why should the GPS to Pandora be such a problem?

I have a bit more info. This is an impression, I need a bit more hard data to be sure this behavior is as I think it is.

If I reboot my Pandora, getting the blutooth GPS to connect is nearly impossible. I have not identified a sequence that reliably gets a connection in this situation.

Once connected, as long as the pandora has not been put in low power mode, or been rebooted, reconnecting a second time works reliably.

If the GPS had been connected, and the pandora is put in low power mode, and woken up, re-connecting does not work. I have found that shutting down bluetooth, and re-enabling bluetooth seems to allow it to connect.

Some times, the GPS will automaticaly reconnect by itself without me having to do anything. I have not yet figured out the circumstanses for when this happens, but this is the behavior that SHOULD happen all the time.

I have the same problem,  i am switch on the Bluetooth on my mobile, Suddenly my mobile in hanged Wt is the Reason Any one Help for Me?

Thank you,

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I have tracked down when the bluetooth will automatically re-connect.

If the GPS is not turned off, I can turn off bluetooth on the pandora, send the pandora to sleep, the GPS will go to sleep. Then I can wake up the pandora hours later, re-enable bluetooth, and the GPS automatically wakes up and reconnects.

I just wish this would work without me having to turn off blutooth on the pandora

Summary of the behaviour I have found:

After a reboot of the pandora, one must enable bluetooth, turn on the bluetooth GPS and run the following command from a terminal: "sudo rfcomm connect 0".

Before this is done, ConBTGPS will not work.

As long at the GPS has not been turned off, it will automatically re-connect without running ConBTGPS.

If the GPS has been turned of, you must run ConBTGPS to connect to it.

If the Pandora has been in sleep mode, bluetooth must be transitioned from the disabled state to the enabled state before it will connect to anything. leaving it enabled through sleep will not work.

Back