Bluetooth

Trevster

Still Fresh
From what I've read the Pandora only uses it's bluetooth capabilities for internet. Is there a way to pair a set of bluetooth headphones to a Pandora?

Or is this something that is possible but just not explored yet?

This should be possible, but the page on the Wiki does not list any compatible headphones. This is most likely because nobody has tried it yet, or it needs some sort of driver to be ported.

I'm quite sure that if it does not work right now, it will within a month or two.

the Pandora only uses it's bluetooth capabilities for internet.

Where on earth did you read this? It couldn't be further from the truth. The Pandora is fully capable of supporting any Bluetooth device as long as there are appropriate drivers available. Keyboards/mice/headsets should work out of the box.

Where on earth did you read this? It couldn't be further from the truth. The Pandora is fully capable of supporting any Bluetooth device as long as there are appropriate drivers available. Keyboards/mice/headsets should work out of the box.
When he says 'from what I've read', what he probably means is that he's seen no mention of anybody using e.g. headphones over bluetooth, not that he saw someone post "pandora bluetooth only workz 4 internetz"

There's a Sixaxis/Dualshock3 connectivity tool in the archives, which is supposed to be bluetooth compliant. Has anyone tried this?

Would make a killer combination with the tv-out cable.

search the forum for "a2dp" should give you some info on bluetooth headphones

When he says 'from what I've read', what he probably means is that he's seen no mention of anybody using e.g. headphones over bluetooth, not that he saw someone post "pandora bluetooth only workz 4 internetz"

Exactly

damn it ricky! its shit like this thats gonna make this whole thing fall apart! now keep it together and lay off the 6 paper joints!

There's a Sixaxis/Dualshock3 connectivity tool in the archives, which is supposed to be bluetooth compliant. Has anyone tried this?

Would make a killer combination with the tv-out cable.

hey send me a PM about this (w/ this thread link) so I don't forget and I'll check it for you when my pandora comes in. It should get here next week and I have a ps3 controller.

search the forum for "a2dp" should give you some info on bluetooth headphones
Search on this forum is kinda, how I do put it nicely, crap. I been thinking about getting a bluetooth headset and google brought me here. So in bringing this thread back from the dead, I 'd like to know. Is anyone using any bluetooth headsets with their pandora?

To my knowledge this a2dp pairing is not working at present and we are expecting BT to have recieved some attention in the next OS version Yars. Several folk have headsets and they cannot be used at present. Although BT speakers do work.

This may have changed since about HF6 + but I haven't seen any mention of it and thus dont think BT headsets will work still. They will be recognised by the pandora and will be placed into the list of available devices but they will not pair/connect successfully and stay connected. In addition only Exaile, Mplayer and MinAmp will output sound via BT speakers and with MinAmp it will freeze if you attempt any changes of tracks or playback options. Exaile is the most reliable. Many games and emulators also ignore the BT settings and will stay outputting via the Pandora or simply be mute. I believe this requires changes to alsa or OSS.

Bummer, guess i will be sticking with the old wired headsets in the mean time.

We should make a list of what works. I have a pair of backbeat Headphones and after following this thread:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/4908-output-bluetooth-audio/

I was able to get them to work with mplayer and mplayer alone. Unfortunately mplayer crashes my system after the first song of a playlist when playing through bt. I got sick of playing with it at that point since I do have the bt adaptor that came with the backbeats anyways. However, I know some people got some headsets to work with exaile.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good to hear you got further than most
:)

I just went and re-tried both speakers and headphones and the speaker (creative D100) now only work with Mplayer, not exaile or MinAmp (both just play via Pandora) and mplayer crashes in that it cannot be closed or killed off. No process is listed for it when you use the Pandora button to kill it and it wont go away until you reboot. The headset still gets listed in BT devices but wont actually pair up at all.

Something seems to have changed since HF6, (now using HF7a2) as I was decorating whilst using the BT speakers via Exaile awhile back and it was working well then. Now its only Mplayer and that's being cranky
:(

My SHB9100 Headphones work after pairing and configure some things manually with GNOME mplayer only [1Ghz Pandy/SuperZaxxon 1.52]

See: http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/11288-bluetooth-connecting-but-devices-not-working/?p=222022

After all I'm also unable to exit mplayer via GIU. But typing 'killall mplayer' in Terminal forces the player to close without rebooting.

Did anyone try all the players in the repo? Is there a list existing?

Neelix suggested Audacious. Didn't work for some reason...

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding Audacious, you may have to go into the preferences and select ALSA audio output before it will work.

- Neelix

Back