Boomshine2x 1.1

sam fisher

Website
blog.peter-r.co.uk
I have released Boomshine2x 1.1 for the Wiz. The new version features improved graphics by Ruckage, a near complete re-write of the games code and various bits and bobs like the ability for F200/Wiz users to sign their name for the highscore screen. Here's a screenshot of the new title screen:

bs2xsseg8.png

Download

Nice job Peter, a very smooth game :) Ruckage's graphics do a lot to bring in some more colour. Speaking of colours, the circles seem brighter and more saturated in this version.

The only glitch I found was a '1' appearing on and off beside the explosion counter. I think my score at the time was one hundred-something, could it have been that the score was drawn underneath the counter?

By the way, I noticed you used GPH's Quit Game graphic, is that something they'd like implemented in the built-in games? I remember they showed it to me a long time ago, but they didn't mention anything about it in particular.

Alex. said:
Nice job Peter, a very smooth game :) Ruckage's graphics do a lot to bring in some more colour. Speaking of colours, the circles seem brighter and more saturated in this version.

The only glitch I found was a '1' appearing on and off beside the explosion counter. I think my score at the time was one hundred-something, could it have been that the score was drawn underneath the counter?

By the way, I noticed you used GPH's Quit Game graphic, is that something they'd like implemented in the built-in games? I remember they showed it to me a long time ago, but they didn't mention anything about it in particular.
That is a Fenix text bug, not sure what causes it tbh it occurs on all Fenix run times and I don't really care much to fix it as there is nothing I can do as far as I know.

They did ask me to implement that a while back so I chucked it in during the rewrite.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the old font looked kind of crap and it wouldn't of fit with the new style, I don't think. I didn't find this one too hard to read but maybe it is to others?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back