Bor Beta 1

Squidge

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
Here's my first version of Beats of rage. It's not finished yet, but I thought that since it is basically playable, theres nothing stopping you from trying it out if you want.

Things to do:
=========

o Implement sound
o Optimize file i/o (really slow at the moment, several minutes to load the first level)
o Remove debug code
o Someway of saving your settings or perhaps the highest stage you have reached and allow level selection.
o Change key mappings
o Maybe still a little quick in places?
o Look for files in a data dir, rather than GPMM
o Enable more than one character to be used
o Make sure all levels are completely playable due to differing memory requirements

As usual, I'm accepting suggestions here :)

Controls:
======

Start = Start
Select = Not Used
Left/Right/Up/Down = Guess :)
A = Special
B = Not Used
Left Paddle = Attack
Right Paddle = Jump

I will be changing these later (eg. I think attack and special, or attack & jump will be best on A/B)

Requirements
=========

Before downloading this file, get the pc dos version of BOR from http://www.segaforums.com/senileteam/beats...nload_game.html

Once downloaded, extract the file "BOR.PAK" from the archive and upload it to your GP32's GPMM directory. This file is approximately 60mb (which includes 41mb of sound and music).

I don't have the website space to host the BOR.PAK file myself, and there's so little else in the archive so you may as well download it from the "official" sites and spread the bandwidth. If you have the bandwidth to mirror a copy however (possibly with the FXE already in the archive), feel free, but you may wish to send an email off to SenileTeam telling them such.

Installation
=======

Drop the FXE file into your GPMM directory along with the BOR.PAK file (see above).

#### BETA 2 Download now present in page 4 ####

Nice thanks dude.

Do you have to resize the characters each time it loads or not? If you do could we maybe resize them manually to decrease file size and load times?

Burger me thats a big file, had to wipe half my smc to fit it on. Looks fantastic though, plays great too. Very, very nice work. I can't wait to see the final version. Now I really gotta get myself a new smc :D

I think attack and jump would be best on A/B with special on R :)

Quite hard with the present button config and fast game game speed :blink:

excellent! can't wait for the .pak to download!
Ummm, is it supposed to flicker real bad when it's loading? the red screen with text about loading seems to flicker quite badly for me
But wow, an excellent release! very fast!

wow man you rock!!!
this is one of the better ports we had since ... scummvm 0.3c
really great work!!! cant wait for the final, i hope you have lot of cpu mhz left for the sound

toooooooooo great !!!!!!!!!!
and too speed to !! :) animation are so speed..
when sounds and zik will be supported, it will be less speed :)

great work, it's so nice and so cool !!!!

felicitations ^^ ( congratulations )

Dam 60MB :(

Im sure it rocks but i only have 1 SMC and its only 64MB so will not be able to test this one out unless i get another SMC, but im skint till my student loan goes through in 3 weks so i guess i will have to wait.

Squidge

I know you have enough to do but any chance you could try regiging the sound for an overall smaller filesize?

^ sorry for the use of all the technical language i will try and dumb it down a bit in the future :)

Could somebody possibly make the beats of rage download into 10 rar segments of around 5 mb on their site? I only have dialup and want to get a few segments at a time :)

Use a download manager such as FreshDownload or Getright... It allows you to continue if it gets interrupted.

Wow, that is better quality than 90% of GP32's commercial games. :)

Congratulatoins Squidge, and congrats to the team that made it in the first place.

It takes ages to load, but it's well worth it.

please change used keys to A and B

because A and B keys have better durability then L and R keys

Back