Bought PS2

Viking

Well yes, I finally bought a "new" PS2 since my other just vanished (Think my sister stole it and then someone else stole it).

More info, it's a SCPH-30001 and I think, it's for the US region (bought it on Ebay) and the thing is;

I've searched everywhere on ebay, but can't find Ico, Shadow of the colossus or Metal Gear Solid 2.

So If you guys could help me to track down these games and where to buy them, I would be gratefull :D

EDIT: Forgot to put in why I wrote "Damn you Sony..." in the topic description. Well, because I own a none backwards playable PS3. And I blame Sony

EDIT2: It runs NTSC

Last edited by a moderator:
Well IIRC, Ico and Shadow of Colossus are being remade in HD for the PS3.

Lately it was announced that they will be available as a pack in late 2011.

('cause they seem a bit overpriced on eBay…)

May I recommend Odin Sphere?
biggrin.gif

Well IIRC, Ico and Shadow of Colossus are being remade in HD for the PS3.

Lately it was announced that they will be available as a pack in late 2011.

('cause they seem a bit overpriced on eBay…)

May I recommend Odin Sphere?
biggrin.gif
Hm, maby I'll wait for the HD version then..

And no, Odin sphere looked to much anime like for my taste :p

Why?

He doesn't like that kind of games, I wont impose my taste to him.

I wasn't gonna deride him for not playing a game because it's "too anime for his taste". But other people might.

Sorry for being rude, but games like that just doesn't suit my taste in games. I don't know why, but I feel embarresed while playing a pretty feminine guy wich should be a super badass warrior.

In other words, I'm more comfortable playing MGS2 and watching Raiden run around naked for 10 min instead of playing a cute guy with a huge sword for 6 ++ hours

You have to play "Destroy all Humans" thats a quite Awesome Game, you are a Alien in a B-Movie Styled Game..

Persona 4 is cool too, and god of war..

I still have an unused PS2 with no games or anything in a box somewhere (got it from a friend .. no idea what to do with it ..)

And since I don't have a TV I doubt I will ever use it.

Maybe I can get a USB TV-in device so I can plug it into my media-pc, but then still I don't have any games haha.

(I got 2 controllers I sometimes use with a PS-2-USB converter)

I still have an unused PS2 with no games or anything in a box somewhere (got it from a friend .. no idea what to do with it ..)

And since I don't have a TV I doubt I will ever use it.

Maybe I can get a USB TV-in device so I can plug it into my media-pc, but then still I don't have any games haha.

(I got 2 controllers I sometimes use with a PS-2-USB converter)
Haha, too late my friend! But the first games I'm gonna play is Shadow of the colossus, Ico, Kingdom hearts and MGS 2 and 3.

MGS games aren't too difficult to find, it's just MGS3 Subsistance that goes for the big bucks, i recently lost my job in a game shop because the damn shop closed, but when open we had 7 copies of MGS2, most with the making-of dvd as well, could probably still get them if you havent alrady if you have a gander at chipsworld.co.uk (seemed to be the only place around that still did the import versions).

Yeah I got the games that I wanted, buuuuuuuuuuut I blew a fuse trying to make it run on 240V, and it's 120V...

just need to get a stepdown converter, it works fine the other way around, i've got an english ps2 in the states, if you wanted to play uk and american games on it i use this usb stick that opens up the ps2 and allows copied games or homebrew, i use it for playing my old megadrive roms and playing games i brought in america.

Just a thought, no chipping or anything which is why i love it.

Back