Box86 - Linux Userspace x86 Emulator

ElPoco

Hardcore Member
I tried to run Baba is You on the Pandora (I think it might be playable) with a version of box86 I compiled last week but couldn't get it to work. It complained about missing libudev so I got it from a x86 distro and added it to my x86 libs but then it failed to load the lib. I can send you the error message if you want.

I'm also unable to run anything with wine. I'll try to re-install wine from scratch. Is there a version you recommend for latest box86 on the Pandora?

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Baba is you might work yes, I'll try on my Pandora, if I can get it to work long enough :S

Wine is tricky on the Pandora. An old version like the 5.13 from there: https://twisteros.com/wine.tgz should work. The issue is gl4es, that still have trouble with wine. Avoid D3D games, it will probably not work. It should works fine with OpenGL or simple 2D games (but some 2D games use D3D by default, like Plants vs Zombies).

ElPoco

Hardcore Member
I got Baba is You to work. Turns out I was trying to start it from the wrong working path (I was starting it from the bin32 directory instead of the base directory).
It's playable. The transitions are a bit slow (but they can be skipped) but the game itself is completely playable, there's no lag between the input and the action. And it's pretty fun so far.