Brace For Impact!

Fishbong

man of poor reputation
Website
Visit site
Ok. the Wiz is now officially featured in their last newsletter, thus increasing the demand for Wizs at least tenfold.
Other than having to wait for our Wizs until the Pandora 2 is released, what effects will this have on this forum?

Edit: http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/retro-gaming/bfc7/?cpg=98H

That's quite a good, zero-bullshit writeup.

The effect on this forum? I think the initial wave of "does it run N64" etc has died down. Most newcomers now know what they can expect out of the Wiz. Maybe this will trigger wave two...

Yeah, they'd dare not say anything discouraging like "The diagonals can be a bit sensitive" or "the screen is a bit small for the 320x240 res it uses", after all.

Thems are just personal pet peeves, I still like my Wiz.

What I meant was, they seem to get what the Wiz is about, and that it's not just another MP4 player with a d-pad. They acknowledge the active dev scene, and provide good info on where to get files and how it all works. The "Important Info" paragraph will cost them a few sales, but it's stuff that newbies really need to know.

Unlike the recent writeup in Linux Format, which displays no understanding of where the Wiz has come from, writes off some of our scene's best homebrew as "simple clones" (which they may be, but jeez, try to write like you give a fuck) and has a big cry about having to install apps manually on SD. All this from a "Linux journalist". <_<

Overclockable to 800MHz huh. What is that, something they're verifying per-unit? I doubt they really even can. They should think again before putting that in the specifications list. 7 hours battery life is also on the dubious side. Also funny how they mention that it can play videos up to 480x272 (can it? and who would want to?) but don't mention the actual resolution. Except for "high resolution", which might have been the case if it were released 8 years ago or something.

Doesn't quite seem like zero-bullshit to me.

Back