Bricked Or Not Bricked?

Flexo

Still Fresh
I've install update from 4.0.0 (F-200) to 4.1.0. But I've during the instalation pluged in external adaptor (before goes on battery) and the flashing stoped and console was restarted. Now I see about 10-15 second the loading screen with logo and sing (Firmware 4.1.0) and then is black screen. How can I bring to life my darling :D Thank you for help.

Flexo said:
I've install update from 4.0.0 (F-200) to 4.1.0. But I've during the instalation pluged in external adaptor (before goes on battery) and the flashing stoped and console was restarted. Now I see about 10-15 second the loading screen with logo and sing (Firmware 4.1.0) and then is black screen. How can I bring to life my darling :D Thank you for help.
It isn't bricked if you see the logo. You should be able to re-flash to 4.0.0. Delete all files whose names begin with "gp2x" in the root of your SD, then put FW 4.0.0 on your SD. Ignore anything higher than 4.0.0, as they all offer questionable benefits and more bugs.

I think this is the firmware you want: http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,42,2423

There is a message saying don't flash if your unit says ( B ) on the back. I'm not sure that message is actually true. I have a ( B ) model and have flashed this firmware with no problems. If you do brick it, PM me if you live in the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back