Broken Pandora TV out cable

weiman

Still Fresh
IMG_20140511_110530.jpgHey guys,

Just after a few mating cycles (<10), the plug of my TV out cable, unplugged permanently. I don't know if this is a common issue, I guess not since I couldn't find any related forum topics. Attached you can find my beloved TV cable (R.I.P.)

I was under the impression the cable was well designed and made. Maybe I got a bad one..

@EvilDragon: can you help me out please? :)

Oops, look like the glue between the connector and the body of the plug has failed, although it seems the solder has held and kept all the TV-related pins in place (not that that helps you).

I've not had the same problem myself, though I've not used the cable all that much yet, and am rather wary of letting it carry any weight when using it, as I was aware that a number of people's home-made EXT-based boards have failing in this sort of way.  I'd hoped the moulding of the TV-out cable was significantly more robust - and it seems that maybe that's not true in all cases.

I just recently had this same exact issue. Same thing, the glue came off, the same piece seperated, it even had the same copper strands sticking out. I very carefully attached the two pieces together, ensuring the copper was in the same places and everything, then used super glue around the edges where the glue originally was, let it sit for a couple hours, and it worked just like new! ...Yes, *worked*...the picture is fine, but after trying it again for about 20 mins, the sound bugged out and eventually failed. I can occasianally get it working by wiggling it, which means it's a loose connection. Has anyone else had this issue, and found a good solution? Or do I really have to buy a new one? :(

My wires once fell off my TV cabinet and yanked the connector in just a way that a similar thing happened.
As some of you have stated, the plastic came away. I haven't glued my connector in place, although that's a good idea... and the sound isn't quite right.... but I just grab the sound from the headphone socket instead.

I didn't want to send it back in my case as I can workaround the issues and the video quality is still as good as SVideo can provide.

I just recently had this same exact issue. Same thing, the glue came off, the same piece seperated, it even had the same copper strands sticking out. I very carefully attached the two pieces together, ensuring the copper was in the same places and everything, then used super glue around the edges where the glue originally was, let it sit for a couple hours, and it worked just like new! ...Yes, *worked*...the picture is fine, but after trying it again for about 20 mins, the sound bugged out and eventually failed. I can occasianally get it working by wiggling it, which means it's a loose connection. Has anyone else had this issue, and found a good solution? Or do I really have to buy a new one? :(
I had the same issue too. In my case the pandora fell on the ground with the cable plugged in ._. It was about 5 mins after I unboxed it and I was like :angry: :angry: :angry:   Even getting worse, the pins were bend to one side...

After cooling down I solved it the same way like cluck. Bend them in the right position (quite hard work!) and glued all together with superglue. Now it's still working fine for audio output and composite. As I didn't try audio in and s-video, I couldn't tell if those work fine too, but I hope so.

In short words: apply superglue (something like "attack", if you know it) onto the edges of the plastic part and put the parts together. That should work fine :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back