Browser problem

xPostmasteRx

Still Fresh
I just got my Pandora today, and I am trying to set everything up and get everything fixed.
My issue is that I can't seem to open my browser. When I press the Open Web Browser option, it says: "Failed to execute default Web Browser: Input/output error."
How can I fix this?

That Icon needs to be pulled, it links to nothing. there is only 512MB on the internal memory  and that pretty much fits the base OS and no room for the browser.. So you need to download a Browser from the repository and put it on a SD card.. 

Are familiar with the PND system already?

Last edited by a moderator:
Games and apps from the repo (see link from Binky's post) come in the flavour of pnds. Just ordinary files with .pnd extension. For example Libre Office suit is libreoffice.pnd. And instead of installing these programs you just copy them onto your sd card. There are three different places where you can copy them to:

1. Sdcard/pandora/menu (these programs appear in your menu)

2. Sdcard/pandora/desktop (these programs appear on your desktop)

3. Sdcard/pandora/apps (these programs appear in both the above places.

What is really important: You have to create this directory structure on your sdcard first! So you create a directory pandora on your sdcard and then create the three subdirectories apps, menu and desktop in the pandora directory. You can do this with your Pandora or with any computer your sdcard fits in.

Hint: Download PndManager first, run it and manage all your programs from there (browsing the repo, downloading programs, updating them and so on)

Activate the Wifi and get connected to you network.

Launch PND Store from the "pandora" menu

Search for pndmanager, install it.

Close PND Store.

Launch PNDManager from pandora menu -> System.

There you can either use the triggers to go to the categories screen or the search screen to find the software you want and download them easily ;)

EDIT : hum, forgot to tell that you need a SD card in one of the slots.  :p

My you gents are swift!!....nvm.. beat me to the punch  :ph34r:

Last edited:
This is gonna seem so stupid, but when I insert my SD card in the computer, nothing happens. I am guessing that either a popup will come up, telling me that something external just got plugged in, or that it would show on "My Computer", but it dosen't show any track of being plugged in.

^ You're inserting an SD card in the Pandora, correct?  Has it been formatted before?  What if you go to the Pandora/Start Menu Button (at the lower left corner), then "Accesories", then "Thunar File Manager"?  If it's not reading the SD card, then you definitely need to format it by going to "System", then Create Pandora SD Card".  Either that or format it on your PC using the file format that might suit you best.  The Pandora Wiki page might help you.  I'm just guessing at this point, at what you're actually seeing/experiencing...

...also, what version of Super Zaxxon are you running?

If you're trying to use your Pandora as an SD card reader then there is a command called "SD Mass Storage" under the "System" menu. That allows you to select an SD card which will then be mounted on the host PC as an external drive. This will also have the necessary side effect of unmounting the SD card on the Pandora, so you can't run any applications from it while transfering to it.

This needs to be done because it is very dangerous for two live systems to mount the same SD card (by nature of the way the OS handles external drives). In the last year or two there have been ways around this invented, but nothing that has made it into the Pandora yet.

^ Ahhh, maybe that's what he's trying to do.  See the SD card that's inserted into the pandora which is hooked up to his PC via an usb cable...  Good call.

Okay, the SD card has been settled, and I have PNDstore, but how do I get PNDManager? Do I have to download it?

PNDManager is a better repository download program and I highly recommend it..

Long story short.. currently it can't reside on the firmware by default.. So you need to download it from the repo onto the SD card.. you can use pndstore to do that if you created the correct directories and such.

Hm, but PNDstore only shows the things that I already have. Or is that because I don't have the necessary directories to download it from PNDstore?

You need to click the "update lists" button. That will refresh everything. And you need to be connected to the internet, very important.

Yeah, there we have a major problem. I don't seem to be able to get an internet connection.
Can you explain your efforts further?

Are you trying to connect to a wireless router or hotspot?  In order to do so, you need to "Enable WiFi" from the taskbar menu...and you need to actually establish a connection.  If that doesn't help then maybe tell someone what version of Pandora you have...a few old CC units did have bad or non-functional wifi chips, but they usually shipped with usb wifi nubs.  No matter what version you have, you can get online. Do you have a Pandora that seemingly (to you) has weak WiFi strength compared to other devices?

I found that getting online was one of the easier aspects of the device. Once you finally get online though, head on over to The Repo - I use the latest Firefox version as it supports Flash Player 11 and streams Youtube videos, but I have an overclocked 1GHz version.  You need to give some more detailed instructions on what you've tried at the very least to get the necessary feedback.  "I don't seem to be able to get an internet connection" is a bit vague.  Help us help you.

Okay, let me try to explain it better then: I'm trying to connect it to a router. I have tried the whole "Enable WiFi" thing, and the left light turn red. I still don't know if red means "It's on" or "It's not on" since the battery light is green, which gets me confused. I have a Pandora Classic, and I can bring up the PNDstore, but it only shows the things that I already have, and when I press "Update list", which somebody said I had to do, it still didn't do anything, so I figured I have no internet connection at all. I just realized when I tried to update again that it says "Could not reach Repo" on the very bottom of the PNDstore window, which I'm guessing definately means I have no connection.

So let me ask if I have understood what I have to do: I have to get an internet connection, open up the PNDstore, download PNDmanager and then I will be able to do... whatever?

Also, just as I'm writing this, I pressed toggle WiFi, and it said "Mount the PND failed. The application wont start. Please have a look at /tmp/pndrun_op_wifi.out"

Back