Bubble Bobble

pexxer

Still Fresh
The first time i played it might have been back in 93 or something..
i remember it just like yesterday, after school we'd always go to my friends basement and play bubble bobble.. this wonderful puzzle/platform game was a smash hit back in those days. But how is it today?? still that fun?
The answer is simple, yes it's still very very fun.. but i i havent managed to complete the game yet, it seems to be endless.
screenshot is from the DOS version, but it's quite the same graphics..
but i still love the game very much, so the final grade:
screenshot:

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/orig...90977033-00.gif
control: 4/5 a little unprecise sometides
sound: 3/5 VERY annoying up level 30..
gameplay: 5/5
durability: 5/5 it goes on and on..
graphics: 3/5 not very good, but they fill their function

The version for the Atari ST is excellent and is one of the best.

Also check out the hack remakes for the NES, theres about 5 of them floating round on the net with different level layouts etc. Makes a good change from the normal game

hmm.. yeah, i might do that.. is there a good atari ST emulator for the GP32 somewhere?

Bubble Bobble for the NES is a fine game and amongst it's best moments IMO, but is it possible to get very far in this game as a one player game? I seem to remember that you needed two players to complete it, so I haven't bothered to play it on the GP32.

(The Master System version is worth trying if you like this - particularly as the sound emulation for the MS is usually better than the NES sound emulation on most emulators).

I've played the C64 and NES version, I prefer the no transparacy that the C64 version has but I prefer the NES's higher resoloution.

pexxer posted on Oct 4 2004 at 09:14 PM said:
hmm.. yeah, i might do that.. is there a good atari ST emulator for the GP32 somewhere?

Sorry i havent got back to you earlier. Just click on the Emulators list for the Gp32 and you'll see one for the Atari ST. Forgotton the name of it but i think theres only one.

Its excellent and theres a ton of games on the net. The compliations by hacker groups such as the Pompey Pirates etc have a whole range of games in one file. Both Rainbow Islands, Bubble Bobble and Commando are excellent conversions.

Also remember the classic Stunt Car Racer and many many others. Its one of the best emulators out on the GP32

Last edited by a moderator:
WhizzBang posted on Oct 4 2004 at 11:08 PM said:
Bubble Bobble for the NES is a fine game and amongst it's best moments IMO, but is it possible to get very far in this game as a one player game? I seem to remember that you needed two players to complete it, so I haven't bothered to play it on the GP32.

(The Master System version is worth trying if you like this - particularly as the sound emulation for the MS is usually better than the NES sound emulation on most emulators).
The master system version is my favourite to play on the GP :). Tis good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back