GP2X Bug In Python/pygame + Open2X Dr7 On Gp2X F200 ?

Magic Sam

Forever Homebrew
Hi,

I think I've found a bug which prevents Python/Pygame to work normally under Open2X:

I tried to run some Python stuff today on my F200, so I have downloaded Python and Pygame here in the archives.

There are two provided test applications, the first works fine, but the second (which should play sounds) outputs some error messages:

Code:
/mnt/sd/testpygame02.py:54: RuntimeWarning: use mixer: /mnt/sd/python/extras/libSDL_mixer-1.2.so.0: undefined symbol: __umodsi3
Code:
File "/mnt/sd/python/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pygame/__init__.py", line 52, in __getattr__
    raise NotImplementedError, MissingPygameModule
NotImplementedError: mixer module not available

This test application works fine under Open2X compatibility mode, and before you ask, yes there is a file.wav and file.ogg in the directory ;)

I tried to run some other stuff but this "undefined symbol" thing makes everything crash, it's not always related to libSDL_mixer though, sometimes it has to do with fonts and libfreetype too...

Bye and thanks for your help !

Magic Sam

Please someone could make an updated version on Python/Pygame for the GP2X ?

It's sort of a known problem. I remember someone else pointing this out to me and the problem is already obvious to Magic Sam: unresolved library dependencies. Whoever compiled Python/Pygame would have been better off compiling it statically so that differing firmware versions don't end up breaking it. Especially with something as complex as Python/Pygame. I just don't have time to fix this, it is a one-man show here it seems and I have only one week until my hike.

Hi,

Farox said:
Please someone could make an updated version on Python/Pygame for the GP2X ?
I've just PM'ed theoddbot (the author) about this, let's hope he joins this discussion and makes a new build compatible with Open2X DR7 :)

Senor Quack said:
I just don't have time to fix this, it is a one-man show here it seems and I have only one week until my hike.
I know, have a nice hike btw :)

Bye, Magic Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Magic Sam :)

If possible to make also for the GPH firm would be very nice...there are many games and apps to be ported onto the GP2X .

Hi,

Farox said:
Thank you Magic Sam :)

Thanks Farox :)

According to the archives, our version of Python/Pygame is 5 years old !

I'm not a dev so it's not important to me, but I think it could matter to others...

Here are some important resources:

Link to Python 2.6.5 source code.
Link to Python 3.1.2 source code.
Link to Pygame 1.9.1 source code.

Bye and many thanks to those who'll try to compile an updated version for GP2X :)

Magic Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Back