Bugs And Shrot Comings

CyberAxe

Found 2 annoying things with the GP2x (I said DS originally and then just noticed it before I posted) one is a bit of a bug the other just shoddy design

But I have no idea where I can submit these so that GPH can take them into consideration when doing the next firmware

Here’s what I’ve found though (don’t know who else has found them)

Image viewer doesn’t show .jpeg extension images only .jpg and that was annoying because I was wanting to show off the new Mortal Kombat: Annihilation render off at university but of course didn’t show up

and the other is select to turn on the gp2x screen when playing music because of the select butting being so stick out its easy for it to get pressed while in the pocket so they should make it so you have to hold it for about 5 seconds or press l + r + select so that it doesn’t come back on by accident and return to menu or switch song and waste battery life (since the other buttons just as easily get pushed I had it in my pocket today and it annoyingly kept going back to the main menu)

there’s a couple of skin bugs such as redundant files that aren’t used and some files that should be used that aren’t such as battery background and music volume graphic plus they should change all skin stuff to PNG so certain things like text in music player can have transparent background instead of having to fake it by taking a shot of that specific area of the back skin and putting it behind the text in the bmp

Is the screen off in music player just screen off or does it prevent the other buttons from being pressed? If not, such a Hold Mode would be the best.

Trashman posted on Feb 7 2006 at 11:13 AM said:
The jpg extension is tour own fault for not testing it really. You deserved to look like a dumbass.... whatever that is?
A donkey who dosent know much! :p

If you're going to be a dick to the guy, at least check your spelling first :lol:

<nice reply>
Just rename the files to .jpg
</nice reply>

Last edited by a moderator:
TelcoLou posted on Feb 7 2006 at 06:32 PM said:
Trashman posted on Feb 7 2006 at 11:13 AM said:
The jpg extension is tour own fault for not testing it really. You deserved to look like a dumbass.... whatever that is?
A donkey who dosent know much! :p

If you're going to be a dick to the guy, at least check your spelling first :lol:

<nice reply>
Just rename the files to .jpg
</nice reply>

i couldnt do that once i had left the house with no access to an sd reader

Last edited by a moderator:
can't do that without sterm on my gp2x after i'd left the house already (cant find a compiled version of it anyway damned linux programmers and their inability to compile things and releas ehte binaries!!!!! <_< :rolleyes: :p )

and in regards to submitting them i ment like isnt there anyone like DaveC whos in contact with thaat girl from GPH that can submit any bug reports and such to GPH

davec? nah, he just sells cool caps.

the man you should be speaking to is craigix, since he appears to be the only one who can get GPH to do anything.

Back